ANNOUNCEMENT: Random Flow

andy

I'm very pleased to announce the upcoming first issue of Random Flow, the club magazine by PNWMAS members, for PNWMAS members.

cover_shot_promo.jpg

Random Flow will be published seasonally (that is, quarterly), with this first release being the Autumn 2008 issue.

Each issue will include a Member Spotlight article that focuses on a PNWMAS member and his or her tank (or tanks!), a Sponsor Profile article that takes a closer look at one of PNWMAS' many great sponsors, an article that highlights a particular species of interest to hobbyists, and much more.

Random Flow will be distributed electronically as a PDF file. You'll need a PDF reader like Adobe Reader (available from Adobe's Web Site), Foxit Reader (available from Foxit Software) or similar software to read it.

Volume 1, Issue 1 (Autumn 2008) of Random Flow will be released very soon -- keep an eye on the forums (rock2)

Looks cool. Who had the idea for this? That person needs some recognition.

dsoz

That'd be me, your humble Editor.

The best recognition would be not laughing in my face when I beg for articles... that, and meeting deadlines for promised articles of course ;)

Submission guidelines will be available when the web site goes live, which should be fairly soon... assuming I can stop watching the Olympics for a while. There are some seriously weird sports out there; synchronized springboard diving?

There are some seriously weird sports out there; synchronized springboard diving?

Don't get me started, or I'll wind up launching my own rant.

Though the most jacked up thing I ever saw was the '84 Olympics when they'd cut to the boxing to tell you the results but made sure we all got to see the dressage events. Lord knows, most Americans can't get enough of really wealthy people riding horses and I don't even like boxing... and there I go.

• 2 weeks later...
Don't get me started, or I'll wind up launching my own rant.

Though the most jacked up thing I ever saw was the '84 Olympics when they'd cut to the boxing to tell you the results but made sure we all got to see the dressage events. Lord knows, most Americans can't get enough of really wealthy people riding horses and I don't even like boxing... and there I go.

Now, now...I may not ride dressage (I do dabble in the Jumpers though)...but I am certainly glad that they have a different channel to cover ALL of our events...

BTW...the US won GOLD in the Team Jumping and Bronze in the individual jumping....now I would like to see any man (or woman) jump 13-5 &1/2 foot jumps without a horse! (LOL).

Kris

PS...I am waiting patiently for this first issue!

PS...I am waiting patiently for this first issue!

Yeah, I'm really sorry about the delay... it's just been one thing after another. Battery died in the car, skimmer recirc pump croaked, kids prep for school (nutty)

It's almost done, I just need one more uninterrupted evening. How hard can that be? (scary)