my 40 breeder

coralreefaquarist

lol oh man. so m heater was way to weak in the begging for both tanks my temp was like 75. luckily curtis lent me a 200 watt. and that fixed it. last night i get up to use the bathroom and decide to check on things and no watermovement or noise. i threw the breaker. DOH! temp was like 74 or something. aghhh rana huge extension cord across the room and went back to bed. got home from work today and the temp somehow dropped again to like 75. i think the old heater i had is taken a crap. so i got to buy a 300 watt and am told the best i can do is 2 250's they didnt have anything bigger. so i said ok and what 40 bucks each(enforcer). so i bought 1. but with it and the 200 from curtis the temp has been stable :D. i moved all my frags over to the frag tank sunday thinking i was getting a reflector and cord monday and that fell through(enforcer). so all my frags have been lightless til tonight when i got a ballast reflector and lamp from miles (clap).yeah woo eee. i need to get to bed soon. but i had to get the light on there somehow(scratch)(scratch)(scratch). ah ha i found a use for that [language filter] frag tank(scratch).. miles this ones for you

the worst this will ever look and be setup

IMG_2805.jpg(scratch)(scratch)DOH!DOH!DOH!

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah i plan to buy another 250 heater within a week mabey 2 max(scary).dude all the little slimers didnt make it. and i think i lost like 50 percent or more of my zoathids. butt everything else seems good for now. yeah tax return time is soon for me i was lazy and sent it today but i did direct deposit. so im hoping to fill the frag tank soon(whistle)

good. you just let me know when things stabilize. i can get you another slimer. there is no slimer better than mine....pat myself on the back....

i am super stoked. all the acans in my tank are doing great. and the new one we split is sick!!! it is going orange/green/teal/purple/pink...super super sick!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

For the most part yes. Before coraline out competes all the unwanted lesser algaes, black eggcrate looks far better. Brown and green algaes don't show up as noticeably on black either. Where the coraline doesn't encrust the black eggcrate looks much better IMO. Even the coraline looks better on black eggcrate. All the colors just seem to POP.

ok so ive been pissed no crabs to fight hair algae which by the way was like almost non existant before,a nd now with not being able to have them for a month. boom ha everywhere. arghhhh and [language filter] cyano that stuff if you dont wacth it will atack any barely unhealthy part of a coral and starv it for light and life. lots of little frags didnt make it.also detritus has been collecting in the frag tank like nobodys buisness.but i spent like 5 hours cleaning up the tanks and the room and everything is back on its way to healthy and the algaes are on the run.did the 3rd dose of interceptor tonight and decided to doa 4th since i have it just as an added boom. then ill wait a month or more befor tradeing or selling corals(sad). but im 110% sure the red bugs will be gone.

clean tanks(clap)

IMG_0045.jpg