my 40 breeder

coralreefaquarist

ok so first off i had to get rid of my uber nice camera so these are all with my 5 mega pixil point and shoot(sad). but i figured since ive been lingering around so long i should finally post a few pics before i do my big overhaul. i thought ive had this tank going for a while but after checking records its only been up for 4 months. so theres the lack of coralline and good stuff.sorry for long

loading.(whistle)unfortunately i couldn't get pics of alot of things due t the camera sucking.

S50300083.jpg

S50300063.jpg

S50300052.jpg

kl.jpg

g.jpg

S50300022.jpg

S50300012.jpg

S50300094.jpg

S5030014.jpg

S50300123.jpg

S50300092.jpg

S50300082.jpg

S5030009.jpg

S5030015.jpg

2-1.jpg

1-1.jpg

S5030008.jpg

this one i got as live rock. it was like 30 cents. what is it?

S5030005.jpg

the bubble coral i got as live rock it was like 75 cents

f.jpg

both these were bought as live rock. tee hee hee.

S5030012.jpg

and i got a nice sized piece of tonga a live rock with about 10-15 zoas on it and theve split quite a bit(laugh)

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the arch piece is my favirote it was like 40 somethin bucks but its one of those pices you wont see anything like and i had to have. i like the aquascape so far. it was origonaly all like tose huge pices of lava rock. i collected it from bend and cleaned it up real good theres only a few pieces left ive slowly been taking it out and adding live rock. but what is left of the bend rock now has some good coraline growth on it;).i barrowed a camera a little better than mine. and got way better pics. and i just put on the 8 bulb t5 like 10 mins ago. so ill try and post pics tonight.(clap)

100_0968.jpg

100_0832.jpg

100_0973.jpg

100_0962.jpg

100_0944.jpg

100_0846.jpg

100_0868.jpg

100_0847.jpg

100_0852.jpg

100_0878.jpg

100_0925.jpg

100_0844.jpg

100_0939.jpg

100_0942.jpg

100_0917.jpg

100_0839.jpg

the teklight is amazing i love it so much i cant even describe how much of a change it is from power compacts. the leather has never stretched up and out like that. some of those zoanthids have only had like 4-6 polyps open at a time forever and now all the zoanthids are all open. everything looks and is doing better and the light hasnt even been on a full day(clap)

look at the tidalzone aqua zoanthid pic in the first post then the one in this one thats since the lights been on its never been much more open than that first pic till now. oh and i moved a bunch of stuff to take pics that is why random stuff is in the sand and close together

• 2 weeks later...

i was tired of the rubish camera and decided to awad myself a trip to wallyworld. i am amazed at the pics this thing takes for 130 bucks. macro shots ftw(clap)

i wil start with my favirote pieces of live rock(laugh)

bubble coral

IMG_0001.jpg

IMG_0121.jpg

cool shroom and there used to be a feather duster(sad)

IMG_0082.jpg

and the favia live rock(whistle)

IMG_0075.jpg

newly aquired maroon frogspawn. i was stoked to see its starting to branch in 3-4 spots(clap)

IMG_0130.jpg

IMG_0056.jpg

new baby ric

IMG_0080.jpg

new pink birdsnest

IMG_0026.jpg

this guy is finnaly back from brown thatnk you t5's

IMG_0103.jpg

hermit

IMG_0016.jpg

these kick *** in moderation

IMG_0136.jpg

overall my new 130 camera is sweet.

• 4 weeks later...

updated pics after the new bulbs and amazing results. strangely i thought this feather duster was long gone i didnt see it for over 3 weeks and then it reapeard. strange.

IMG_0616.jpg

thriving zoas

IMG_0647.jpg

leather with little white polyps starting to sprout

IMG_0656.jpg

this monti is doing awsome

IMG_0660.jpg

these are the palys that changed color on me. twords the end of the days photoperiod there even more intense and deeper green

IMG_0709.jpg

IMG_0731.jpg

IMG_0726.jpg

nd this is the one that got me the most this super comon brown hard coral turned purple

IMG_0690.jpg

IMG_0692.jpg

i hope it stays purple

honestly the breeder is like my favorite tank its dimensions are bad *** its only 40 gallons but looks bigger than a 55. and i agree t5s are amazing and having 8 x39 watts is a very happy amount of light for any corals i have encountered so far. its funny when i first got the light i just set it on top the tank before i hung it and it completely covers the tank its like the same dimensions. the only thing i miss is moonlights(scratch). i need to get my old lady to clean my house(wife) so i can actually show people my tank someday.

it is the canon powershot a470 available at your local wall mart for 130 dollars. i highly recommend this camera to anyone with an aquarium or anyone that likes to do any macro closeup shots. i used to have an Olympus digital slr that was almost a grand and have been struggling to take any pics that were close to clear with a point and shoot. then i went to best buy and circuit city and last of all wall mart just playing with the macro settings on point and shoot digitals under 400 dollars. and this is the one i am telling you theres no better for the price and it could not be easier to operate. the trick is it has whats called super macro mode. its like a macro of there macro.if stuff was closer to the front of my tank it would take even better pics. 130 bucks(rock2)

nice color. What kind of bulbs are in the TEK light? I have the 6x54w version, and would like to start experimenting with different bulb combinations. I have 3 Geissman, 1 Aquasun, and 2 actinics. I think I may try a super actinic in there somewhere. Someday...

dsoz

I have a few questions for you...

What made you decide to go with only t-5's and no MH?

What skimmer is that? Is it quiet? I'm looking for a hangon that's quiet for my 20h.

Why did you keep the back unpainted? Do you view it from the back? With so much front to back room relative to height on a 40b I'm thinking about putting rock in the middle to use both sides on mine.

there 8x39 watt all Geissman i have 1 power chrome midday 6k,1 power chrome actinic plus+ 22k,and 6 power chrome aqua blue + 15k. i guess the reasons for me deciding on t5s was, the heat,they put out less heat than halide and i definitely didnt want to run a chiller or have it get even hotter than it already is in my apartment,bulb life t5s seem to last longer than halides,with the amount of bulbs being ran on the t5 system the spectrum of light can be tweaked a lot more by using different bulb configurations,and most of all the perfect fixture popped up for sale and sealed my decision.

oh the skimmer is off a cadlights nano system i dont really know much about it i think it was for in sump but i cut the base up so it could hang on the tank its not very quite because it kinda shakes/makes rattle type of noises because its hanging on the tank ma bey if i took some rubber or something between it nd the tank it would deaden the sound.i plan to order an octopus 3000 needlewheel pump soon to really get this thing whipping.

• 2 weeks later...
Where did you get your light setup from?

That is a 8 bulb Tek Light from Sunlight Supply out of Vancouver. But you can not get that one anymore they quit making it in the 3 foot version. Search for a used one they are out there. You can buy the 4 bulb still I think.

PM Sam on the board he is in the vendors section as a sponsor he is the local rep for them.