my 40 breeder

coralreefaquarist

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

finally my baby's going to be viewable from both the long sides and one end. im so excited it will be like a new tank.haveing the other long side viewable means i can put corals on what used to be the back and remove the hidden aiptasia(plotting). aquascaping is probably going to take a few trys though. anyways things are looking good. i also made the stand almost a foot taller than the desk i was using now you wont have to sit on the floor to look at it. as for the stand i found a page online of a guy that made a breeder stand that had great side to side torque strength.it is ridiculously over engineerd but extremely strong. not much to look at but its structurally sound. it will be black for a while till i can afford to skin the outside down the road.

here is a few teaser pics there's a lot more to come considering i have to have it moved by Tuesday(scratch).

IMG_3424.jpg

IMG_3425.jpg

ps there not rusty screws there the uber expensive coated deckmate ones.

Looks good! Really similar to what I did with mine (gotta love the price of 2x4's) but I opted not to use the framing metal as I felt 2x4's were overkill as it was. That thing sure will be solid! Keep us updated, I like pictures. :)

nice link. well i got it scaped earlier tonight. i have to go back here and put the corals in and hang the light. moving my 40 across town was almost impossible. and i felt bad enlisting the help of my pregnant girlfriend to lift the tank with me(sad).oops.but its on the stand which i am amazed but it is a perfect fit like exactly. i got the rock in and aquascaped it. i think its going to be really nice. right now it looks like a mud puddle but i got the skimmer whipping up pretty nice right now so when i go back in an hour i should be able to see enough to put the corals in. so far no losses of fish or corals. pics tonight if im not to tired.

didnt get the light hung yet the dang stud finder escapes me again.heres some cloudy water pics to peak some interest. only one loss my little green clown goby(sad). he must have been stressed and he got sucked through the skimmer(sad). but all of the other fish are great and all of the corals are great and opened.most important the tank looks amazing the water is crystal clear water movement is good and the 1st aquascape was a hit i really love it i cant wait to post the final pics tomorrow.

IMG_3428.jpg

IMG_3434.jpg

IMG_3447.jpg

IMG_3451.jpg

IMG_3449.jpg

IMG_3450.jpg

yeah thats the staghorn from aquaserine some got broke off but its huge.i only have a koralia 3 on the back right and then like a maxi jet rip offin the rockwork and the canister filter return. but the way i angled the 3it goes up and disturbs thesurface and hits the wall just right and goes around to the otherside. i think im going to add 1 more 3 to the tank somtime.but lots of stuff is waving around so i know the flowas of for now.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

running out of room for corals traded in lots of stuff to make space for my new sps addiction(whistle). ughh tonight for some odd reason i decided to completely re scape th tank to make it more sps friendly and clear as much sand bed as possible for lps and zoas as well as make it more fun for the fish. long story short every coral was removed EVERYONE OF THEM(nutty). and all the rock work was redone took me 4.5 hours but i am happy with it it looks nice and everything should have enough space to grow for about a year. battery's are charging pics to come soon(scary)