my 40 breeder

coralreefaquarist

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so i have had my spotted dragonet for about 8 months. healthy fat amazing.i have been wanting another one for sometime.my thing is this fish is close to being red listed and no longer collected. they don't always ship well they usually only eat live food. i wouldn't order one because i was scared i would get another female than id be hosed. i went into the lfs the other day and they had 4 at first i was pissed the first 3 i saw were so so tiny and caved in sides then i saw a good looking male. i took the plunge and bought him hoping they will get along. got him in 45 mins ago and hes already eating and him and my female swim side by side. its truly an amazing site i cant explain how stoked i am.

and if one day the reproduce that would be even better tank raised dragonets could have a great impact on these fish being collected,just look at clowns.

by the way my pairing of dragonets ad hopes for them to breed has nothing to do with the recent post about them. i am not that much of a scene kid.(rock2)

Very cool Shawn. Good luck with the pair - I have always loved the dragonets. We used to have one that would always swim up to the glass and follow us around the room just out of curiosity (she didn't eat frozen food). BTW - I often see the spotteds at Soutas' if you decide to get some more to enhance your new breeding program :D

another super long night rearranging the now show display tank.got it how i want it though, all colonys other than the acans in the sand bed. funny because i dont even have my oregon tort,red planet,chips acro,chilipeper,rainbow....... in the tank. there to small and i want to large stuff and just leave the display and let it all grow out. really stoked on how it looks!!!

IMG_2523.jpg

IMG_2535.jpg

IMG_2493.jpg

IMG_2506.jpg

IMG_2515.jpg

IMG_2550.jpg

IMG_2553.jpg

pics dont do it justice its something you must see in person.