Just ordered me a new MSX300 skimmer

izzypop

I just ordered a new MSX300 skimmer for my tank. I have been out of it for a while but the tank has made it through my lazyness and I want to try out this skimmer head to head with my Dual Beckett. I'll post pics when I get it.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[language filter] Izz I thought this was the 250 model. I didnt realize when you said 300 they actually made one with a 12" skimmer body!!! WOW WOW! For $550 man that is awesome. Did you order it from Marine Solutions?? Later Ryan

I didn't know they made one either. I'm not sure anyone has actually got one except beta. They don't even know the dimensions yet. I was wanting something just like the 250 just a tad bigger and then today I was looking at the MS site and they had the 300 listed for pre order and I had to pull the trigger. It seemed to good to be true at least to me. Seriously a pretty good deal for a couple of top notch pumps with mesh and a 12" body with bubble plate. I've been impressed with the reeflo, atb's, ati, etc... but didn't want to drop the big money they want. Hopefully it all works out.

I am waiting on a response from them. When I get it I'll post up the day and we can check it out and BREW SOME BEER at the same time.

True beer conasours indeed. Brew your own.....I bet its pretty good beer? What type beer would you compare the taste to? Dark beer? or is it like that full sail beer? What is it hepavisen or hevavisen whatever the spelling is? I can remember the day when I loved my beer.

Izzy those corals I got from you last summer are still growing. The purple Cap is my favorite but I like the fuzzy millipora to. Those both seem like pretty slow growing corals compared to some others but they are sweet looking gems. I got that is white or flourescent white/green polyp pocilopora I think. Where should this be from my 250 watt light? Near the bottom in less light? It seems to have stopped growing and I cant figure out why. Its healthy for sure just quit growing.

Jay

Jay

markdadof2 - you brew all grain or extract on that wheat? I've been looking for a good all grain house wheat recipe

jay - the beer is Very Good and it is not heavy at all. You can make any kind of beer you like. I usually have a range of beers to try and now that its getting spring/summer the beers are on the light crisp drinkable type. If people are interested we can put on a little beer making class and sample some beers I've made at the same time.

On the pocilopora put it in lower light towards the bottom and it will turn green. It doesn't like high light. That coral will surprise you and all of a sudden it will start growing for a couple weeks and stop then start up again. Keep the params stable and if the color is good don't touch it and it will start to take off. It won't encrust very much but should put on a couple heads soon. send a pic and that will help me a little more.

Got email today the skimmer shipped. shouldn't be long now.

We almost killed the deadguy clone this weekend, it is so good. Took a while to age but now it is great.

Just put the DamascHouse Ale in the kegerator this weekend.

On tap we got an "Irish Red Foot" , "Dead Guy Clone" , "DamascHouse Ale" , "Apfelwein"

Bottles: Nice Stout and IPA