Just ordered me a new MSX300 skimmer

izzypop

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got email today the skimmer shipped. shouldn't be long now.

We almost killed the deadguy clone this weekend, it is so good. Took a while to age but now it is great.

Just put the DamascHouse Ale in the kegerator this weekend.

On tap we got an "Irish Red Foot" , "Dead Guy Clone" , "DamascHouse Ale" , "Apfelwein"

Bottles: Nice Stout and IPA

Had I known you had beer on tap when I was out there a few weeks back, I never would've left!

I got an all grain clone recipe off the web. Super Easy....

Okay so who's in and when we doing it.... Newbies are totally welcome to come and learn how.

I'm a n00b - but I'd love to help out and of course, sample some prior attempts ;)

It's a nice build quality and impressive design. We'll see if it beats my dual beckett. I have my doubts but if it works it will be a nice power saver. I don't think there is one thing I don't like about the design. I would consider these skimmers on the list of "what skimmer should I get" for the person that has some knowledge about skimmers. Not sure I would give it to a new reefer since it has no support other than the people on RC and we all know how that is sometimes. What else you want for $550.

I'll get some pics tonight since it is pulling some skim. So far so good but I still need to put new airline on the pumps. The stuff that comes with it sucks and kinks a little. I need to pull the pumps apart and get everything setup correctly this weekend.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

tank is a 290 gal and sump is 4 feet by 2 feet with 7 inch water level.

The skimmer is good for the price. You need to do a couple little mods to it but nothing out of the ordinary. You must have at least 7 inches of water in your sump to run the skimmer correctly. 8-10 inches would be best. No sump water level changes. I haven't really messed with it since I bought it but I would say it's a good deal on a skimmer that size. It takes about 3 weeks to break in.

• 3 months later...