Rod's Food Group Buy

uhuru

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The stuff looks good but if you make it to Portland check out Patricks Gumbo. Not sure exactly what is in it but it is cheaper than that stuff. I know my fish love it and it also feeds the entire tanks to.

Yep Ive bought Patricks stuff also. Spendy but lasts a ong time.

Jay

Picked mine up yesterday too. Fish and coral seemed quite happy to get it, but not the crazy reaction that I was expecting based on people's forum posts elsewhere. Could be that I feed a mix of frozen food daily, as well as coral foods (coral frenzy 3x/week) so everyone seemed as happy as usual to see me walk up to the tank and pour in the goodness. I'll keep using it in rotation with my other foods - because it sure beats the hell out of flake/pellets :)

I've been feeding this food for the past couple days now. I really like it. Very high quality stuff. It has all different sized particles to suit everything in your tank. I have a Banggai Cardinal that is the pickiest eater ever, will not eat anything but frozen PE Mysis or my homemade fresh food (and the seafood has to be really fresh). He was hesitant to eat the Rod's food at first but as soon as he tried it he has been taking it in gulps ever since. This says a lot to me in terms of the freshness of the meat they use.

I have a pack of almost every type of frozen food available and this is the best I've used to date. If you can make your own, great, so do I, but as far as premade food goes this one is the winner. Pat's gumbo is really good too. I've been using that for several weeks now. That stuff is potent! Only thing is, it lacks the bigger chunks that the true carnivores (like my Banggai Cardinal) like, but all my other fish love it. I think the best thing is to get both and alternate between the two :) They are very different so you will only be adding variety to your fish/coral diet.

Yes we have plenty left, feel free to drop by and pick it up.

Ill want everyones feedback, It hasnt sold enough to warrant keeping it in stock yet. THe reviews I have received have been positive however.

I was not overly sold on it, My fish seem to go nuts much more for Reeds Mariculture arctic pods, or PE mysis much more than the Rods Food.

I use both PE and hikari. I use the hikari only because the shrimp are smaller for some of my smaller seahorses otherwise I would only use PE. major differneces would be PE is fresh water shrimp and Hikari is saltwater, Hikari has a moisture content and is not pure shrimp where as PE is pure shrimp(more bang for your buck) the bigget difference would be nutritional value, Hikari breakdown: Crude protein 10.5%minimum, Crude fat 1%minimum, Crude fiber 2%maximum, Moisture 85% maximum. PE Mysis: Crude Protein 69.5% minimum, Crude Fat 8.35% minimum, Crude Fiber 2.75%maximum, Crude Ash 5.5% maximum Moisture 0% 100% pure shrimp and no fillers. I think that their slogan "Curators choice" says it all. Something like 8 out of 10 public aquariums feed PE mysis. I don;t think there is a single frozen fish food out there that has a higher crude protein than PE and IMO that says it all

• 2 weeks later...