Rod's Food Group Buy

uhuru

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pats ingredient list is extensive to say the least. I was up there a month or so ago and needed to push my purchase over a certain amount and he offered the gumbo' date=' I asked him what was in it and he pulled it up on the computer and showed me, WOW. I would much rather purchase from a local fish store and help them stay in business and prosper then from a foreign place. Not to mention I think pats gumbo has rod trumped.[/quote']

I have used Pats Gumbo. It does make the fish and corals happy. I think it was like 15 bucks. Does anyone know if it has food that will feed clams? Or do I need to continue to feed greenwater for them?

Jay

I have used Pats Gumbo. It does make the fish and corals happy. I think it was like 15 bucks. Does anyone know if it has food that will feed clams? Or do I need to continue to feed greenwater for them?

Jay

Actually Jay, clams cannot digest GREEN phyto. They will INgest it, but wont DIgest it. You need to stick with "brown water" for them. The cell walls on the green algaes is too tough for a clam to break down. You want to use Reeds mariculture phyto and not DT's. DT's is all green algaes, and Reeds is half brown and half green.

I have no idea regarding Pats food.