So long and thanks for all the fish.

Bevo5

Well, after almost 10yrs of Portland life we’re moving to the East Coast.

I just wanted to say it’s been a pleasure chatting aquariums with y’all and I’ve enjoyed getting to know a few of you beyond the forum. There’s a great community of reefers here and it’s been fun having such an active club.

Thanks to everyone who helped me along the way with advice or knowledge…and to those who tossed me a fish/coral or grabbed one from me. Some of my nicest pieces came out y’all’s garages and basements. Hopefully I was able to pay that forward as well.

And not that he needs it - but a big shout out to Jeff and the crew over at Cuttlefish. I first walked into the store on Mississippi maybe 9 years ago and by my estimates - all the fish/corals I blew through probably paid for the big new store. But it’s always been a good time and the place to go for quality stuff. Jeff helped me empty out the big tank and get rid of everything easily, and that’s just one example of those folks going above and beyond to help the community. 

Anyway - check your salinity. QT everything wet. Spend the money on an APEX and leak sensors. And backup your heaters.

Later.

• Like 11

2 minutes ago, Bevo5 said:

Well, after almost 10yrs of Portland life we’re moving to the East Coast.

I just wanted to say it’s been a pleasure chatting aquariums with y’all and I’ve enjoyed getting to know a few of you beyond the forum. There’s a great community of reefers here and it’s been fun having such an active club.

Thanks to everyone who helped me along the way with advice or knowledge…and to those who tossed me a fish/coral or grabbed one from me. Some of my nicest pieces came out y’all’s garages and basements. Hopefully I was able to pay that forward as well.

And not that he needs it - but a big shout out to Jeff and the crew over at Cuttlefish. I first walked into the store on Mississippi maybe 9 years ago and by my estimates - all the fish/corals I blew through probably paid for the big new store. But it’s always been a good time and the place to go for quality stuff. Jeff helped me empty out the big tank and get rid of everything easily, and that’s just one example of those folks going above and beyond to help the community. 

Anyway - check your salinity. QT everything wet. Spend the money on an APEX and leak sensors. And backup your heaters.

Later.

Best wishes for you and your family on your new journey. 🤙