What Holiday tank-project are you working on?

obrien.david.j

I'm currently working on a new sump for my frag system (2x40gals,lowboy50,20gal) 40breeder sump.i designed it like a waterfall system.  Hopefully it'll roll cheats for me. It should have plenty of surface skimming and cleaning and also a safe heaven for pods and other creatures. 4 baffles,I still need to add some more sealant and another baffle for bubble trap. 1(live rock/skimmer/media cups/socks),2(rock medias),3(sanded refugium),4(free floating macro/heater),5 (pumps)

20221228_145014.jpg20221228_145043.jpg20221228_145052.jpg

So much cleaning to do after.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, islandVib3s said:

I'm currently working on a new sump for my frag system (2x40gals,lowboy50,20gal) 40breeder sump.i designed it like a waterfall system.  Hopefully it'll roll cheats for me. It should have plenty of surface skimming and cleaning and also a safe heaven for pods and other creatures. 4 baffles,I still need to add some more sealant and another baffle for bubble trap. 1(live rock/skimmer/media cups/socks),2(rock medias),3(sanded refugium),4(free floating macro/heater),5 (pumps)

So much cleaning to do after.

Love the waterfall baffle system.   

1 hour ago, Vis said:

I’m busy working on a fun 15 gallon cube for my Green Spotted Puffer to be in until he outgrows it. It’s got a neon green bottom and I’m going to have GSP in it too so lots of fun neon green all around. 

Go Green.  Wait, I meant to say Go Beaves!  (Orange)    

The tank looks sweet.   For contrast, you could add some Montipora Setosa and get that vibrant orange pop.  (plus, it's generally easy)

5 minutes ago, AquaKey said:

I ran a water line for ATO to the garage mixing station and an airline to pull fresh air from outside. Now it on to cable management, looks like a rats nest in the cabinet.

My favorite wire mgt solution is Wire Ducts.   I've ordered them in multiple sizes, going all the way up to big.  Here's a link for 4" wide, by 1.5" tall.    Go back to their Wire Duct level, and see all the options.

https://www.automationdirect.com/adc/shopping/catalog/wiring_solutions/wire_duct/wide_finger_wall/t1-4015g-1

T1-4015G-1

• Like 2

2 hours ago, obrien.david.j said:

Love the waterfall baffle system.   

Go Green.  Wait, I meant to say Go Beaves!  (Orange)    

The tank looks sweet.   For contrast, you could add some Montipora Setosa and get that vibrant orange pop.  (plus, it's generally easy)

My favorite wire mgt solution is Wire Ducts.   I've ordered them in multiple sizes, going all the way up to big.  Here's a link for 4" wide, by 1.5" tall.    Go back to their Wire Duct level, and see all the options.

https://www.automationdirect.com/adc/shopping/catalog/wiring_solutions/wire_duct/wide_finger_wall/t1-4015g-1

T1-4015G-1

That’s a good idea! Thanks! 

Got an Apex A3 and a Trident so I will be setting that up and some other stuff for this weekend.

Calibrate DOS (Ran new lines that are a lot longer)

Pull out Calurpa (Taking Algae filter / fuge off line, i don't think its doing anything)

Vac detritus in sump, or pull it out and hose it off in the yard (PM schedule)

Deep clean skimmer (PM schedule)

Swap out GFO & Carbon (PM schedule)

Fill auto feeders (PM schedule)

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, edsimmons said:

Got an Apex A3 and a Trident so I will be setting that up and some other stuff for this weekend.

Calibrate DOS (Ran new lines that are a lot longer)

Pull out Calurpa (Taking Algae filter / fuge off line, i don't think its doing anything)

Vac detritus in sump, or pull it out and hose it off in the yard (PM schedule)

Deep clean skimmer (PM schedule)

Swap out GFO & Carbon (PM schedule)

Fill auto feeders (PM schedule)

You've got a good punch list of activities!   Congrats on getting an Apex and Trident.   Between these two, I have diagnosed and improved temp control, alk control, pH issues, and tuned my Ca Reactor & Kalk addition cycles.   I feel it has really helped me.

For example, I've timed my current Kalk consumption rate to 4 days.   

image.jpeg

• Like 2