Anyone else get weird readings on Trident?

The ReefBox

So I’ve been running my trident for over a year and half.  Lately (past 4-5 months) the thing reads off, doesn’t change at all or said bad sample range.  I’ve tried cleaning the vial, recalibration group with calibration fluid and manual calibration.  Still reads off. Comparison with salifert tests todAy which are all new. Last manual test using those numbers registers below the comparison

Alk
Trident 8.7  
Salifert 9.25

CA
Trident 388
Salifert  410

Mag 
Trident 1459
Salifert 1470

manual calibration 

ca. 0 out of range

alk 8.66

mg 1524 

Is the difference between Salifert and Trident result always the same or different spread every time you did the comparison test?

My trident always give me different spread compare to salifert, the spread never consistent always different number each time I compare.

Lately I have been using tank water to calibrate the Trident. I test will Salifert and enter the number for calibration number and let the Trident run calibration

using tank water. So far it has been consistent now, not much different between Salifert and Trident result for Calcium and Magnesium. But Alk always +2 with Salifert,

Trident Alk test result always lower compare to Salifert in my case.

7 minutes ago, goldenbasketreef said:

Is the difference between Salifert and Trident result always the same or different spread every time you did the comparison test?

My trident always give me different spread compare to salifert, the spread never consistent always different number each time I compare.

Lately I have been using tank water to calibrate the Trident. I test will Salifert and enter the number for calibration number and let the Trident run calibration

using tank water. So far it has been consistent now, not much different between Salifert and Trident result for Calcium and Magnesium. But Alk always +2 with Salifert,

Trident Alk test result always lower compare to Salifert in my case.

My trident number for alk is always lower, ca  is always lower too  then I get random out of range when I calibrate.  I calibrated with actual tank water this time and numbers came out the same as number I entered.  Will see what happens at six pm 

55 minutes ago, half-astronaut said:

Neve you sent the unit off for it's periodic maintenance? The instructions say to keep the box for maintenance shipping, but I never hear anyone talk about the process. 

Have not, seems dumb to have to send the unit in and pay $200 in fact I won’t! 

Ok so on the advice of several reefers and shops I embarked on a full breakdown and cleaning of trident. I removed the cover unplugged all of the lines from the central hub and blew each line out with compressor. I cleaned the glass test vial with a q-tip. I then disconnect feed and waste line and blew them clear. Checked all the fittings and reassembled the trident. I have restarted the trident and waiting for the initialization to complete then I will prime all the lines and reset reagents and waste container. 

I feel paying $200 for routine maintenance through Neptune is crazy every 18 months (recommend interval). Short of needing new tubing or broken parts I’m trying this first. I’ll report what I come up with after it’s back online and testing

• Like 1

So far the first test is based off manual calibration using tank water 

after all work completed on Trident I used manual tests using Salifert 

The manual tests are 

CA 410

ALK 8.9

MAG 1450

first test at 6pm4850F729-328B-45E4-BA1C-EFC82DA9D6FF.jpegnotice CA and MAG did not change from manual input. I’ll see what my midnight test brings