Carbondoser opinions

Parzifal

If you are running a peristaltic pump and control the PH of your reactor with an apex or PH controller then you don't really need the precision of the carbon doser.  I wouldn't run a reactor any other way.  That whole count the drips thing is what I would call "outdated old school".   A kamoer and apex is definitely THE way to go. 

• Like 1

I run a just a standard regulator with a solenoid that cuts off co2 based on ph. I use a versa for the effluent control. I to debated adding a carbondoser at first but I have had zero issues with the regulator other then the solenoid getting stuck in the closed position the first day I had it. Only thing I would change is swap the versa for a komra. The versa has gotten loud as I have had to increase effluent as consumption has increased. 

• Like 1

If you looking to use on calcium reactor I may make suggestion to spend the money for PH Controller and continues dosing pump

to control PH inside the main chamber and consistent supply of effluent into your system.

You don't have to mess with bubble counter and will be able better control your effluent concentration better.

Set the PH between 6.2 - 6.8 depending on how much concentration your system requires.

Check this video

• Like 1