Reminder to check powerheads!!

The ReefBox

So just a quick reminder. I was doing tank maintenance today and notice a reddish oxide tint on my power heads and glass and dismissed it as brown algae. I pulled all 4 mp40’s off to wipe down and on closer inspection, one was covered way more than overs. This prompted me to fully disassemble the unit and it was coated inside as well. A closer inspection revealed the magnet is split at the seam.  This would explain a little STN On a couple acros that have been rock solid for over a year. Put in a ticket with Ecotech and will see what they do. FWIW the wetside is well used but clean . They have been great to work with in past and have always replaced my wetsides.

so just a reminder inspect everything periodically in your tank to precent disasters. Have back ups if you can, or at least a plan to get you by if something bad happens!

1056C521-CEF3-493A-9A00-B75665511935.jpeg

AABD9A80-4842-4E21-A89A-B2894B3D8D37.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

18 minutes ago, The ReefBox said:

So just a quick reminder. I was doing tank maintenance today and notice a reddish oxide tint on my power heads and glass and dismissed it as brown algae. I pulled all 4 mp40’s off to wipe down and on closer inspection, one was covered way more than overs. This prompted me to fully disassemble the unit and it was coated inside as well. A closer inspection revealed the magnet is split at the seam.  This would explain a little STN On a couple acros that have been rock solid for over a year. Put in a ticket with Ecotech and will see what they do. FWIW the wetside is well used but clean . They have been great to work with in past and have always replaced my wetsides.
so just a reminder inspect everything periodically in your tank to precent disasters. Have back ups if you can, or at least a plan to get you by if something bad happens!

Are these Newer MP40s, or Older-ish MP40s?   The picture just doesn't look like the inside of mine.  (or is this an MP10, which I've never seen the insides of)

Just curious