A little help needed Golden basket

MERKEY

this torch came from golden basket and Im trting to get a hold of them but my messages seem to only send 3 pics at a time so I'm hoping to add to them here. 

Torch came in this morning and was  shipped with no heat pack and temped at 62deg.

It looks like its dead or dying and I'm keeping my fingers crossed it can make it.  I can only load 3 pics

20200701_101550.jpg

20200701_101556.jpg

20200701_101315.jpg

I have seen a lot of torches look this way in shipment and then get them in the tank and they are fine. As for the water temperature I am sure it is so hard predicting wether to put a heat pack or not in this crazy Oregon weather 62 is definitely very low but it still has a chance, good luck! 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Lazyreefer said:

I have seen a lot of torches look this way in shipment and then get them in the tank and they are fine. As for the water temperature I am sure it is so hard predicting wether to put a heat pack or not in this crazy Oregon weather 62 is definitely very low but it still has a chance, good luck! 

I appreciate the optimistic point of view and I am also leaning that way! 

As we all know things happen and this is by no means an attack on Rudy and I hope it doesn't come off like that... but it just sucks for us all....I hope it does come back...60deg is cold for corals 🥶....my optomistic fingers crossed!

Rudy is a great guy and this is part of the hobby.

Edited by MERKEY
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Lazyreefer said:

I also agree with this it looks to be within the “safe” area marked with green on the thermometer showing that the temp is about 72F 🤔

Thanks for noticing that, ya noticed that also and calmed a little bit for sure 👍 

Letting it get acclimated for sure.

20200701_104417.jpg

Thanks for the support guys.

It opened up and is alive which I'm very happy about that. Here it is opened....looks a little different than the pic but I'm sure rudy will help me dial the lights in.

Screenshot_20200624-184323_Chrome.jpg

20200701_180922.jpg

2 hours ago, What_The_Frag said:

There appears to be plenty of tissue around the outside rim of the skeleton, acclimate it following Rudy's suggestion and you should be completely fine. Overall, that looks like a very healthy torch!

How are they so different under almost the same lights?  Rudy uses radion blues and I use g4 xr30s on all blues and 0-10%whites.  

Any help would be appreciated