Closing threads

reefnjunkie

FWIW (and I may be mistaken but I don’t believe so 😂)

If you have a thread you want closed, the process is reporting the thread and in the “report” ask for the thread to be closed.

If I was a mod that’s how I’d like it done and us a collective group hoping the mods read every single post to every single thread looking for the request to close

:happy:

I know mods have nothing better to do than peruse “your post/threads” :agree:

That's my unsolicited tip of the month

:cool:

Edited by reefnjunkie
  • Like 1

FWIW (and I may be mistaken but I don’t believe so [emoji23])

If you have a thread you want closed, the process is reporting the thread and in the “report” ask for the thread to be closed.

If I was a mod that’s how I’d like it done and us a collective group hoping the mods read every single post to every single thread looking for the request to close

Curious of the benefit of actually closing a thread. Obviously it prevents people from posting in them. If a user can't read that a thread is finished, I guess they can waste their time in posting in it [emoji6].

We'll certainly close the requested threads, but this is an issue I've often wondered about.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

12 hours ago, reefnjunkie said:

FWIW (and I may be mistaken but I don’t believe so 😂)

That certainly helps identify these Brad. Otherwise it is basically reading every thread and looking for the “please close” post - which is mostly what happens.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, albertareef said:

That certainly helps identify these Brad. Otherwise it is basically reading every thread and looking for the “please close” post - which is mostly what happens.

Exactly my point -Hence me reporting my sale thread after I just sold my Reefbrites 💥

Thanks to whoever closed it 

36 minutes ago, SuncrestReef said:

If you move your mouse to the upper right corner of any post, it will reveal "Report post":

Screen Shot 2020-06-14 at 10.17.49 AM.png

how do you do these things- I'm so challenged

I cant even add text to picture LOL

I don’t really see the need to close threads the majority of the time. If we must be OCD about it, a “close thread request” button could be available. Alternatively just give the thread creator the power to close their own threads.

Nonetheless, unless there’s some weird memory leak issue or something serverside that actually requires you to close threads (due to some unspeakable spaghetti code), I don’t see the point.