Custom tank?

stephanie

If going acrylic well..................only one name James at Envision...............

If glass well like Higher Thinking said go custom aquariums.........if you have a lit of cash and time well Reef Savy...............they are top of the line but as stated there expensive and the wait time is there .........................

what size tank are you after ?

I am looking for a "240" cube. 4'x4'x2' glass. I'm not looking to switch over until spring, so not in a hurry. I would like to have a plan and a budget. 😃  Glass cages had a decent price delivered, anyone get any of there tanks before? The front and sides will be low iron, I'm not sure if I want the overflow to be dead center of the tank or on the back wall. Thoughts? 

Also I have a couple of large tangs, will they be able to get there "tang swim" on in a 4' tank? I plan to have rock work in the center of the tank so they can swim around it.

Stephanie,

I'm looking for almost the same size tank upgrade.    Approx 4' x 4' x 27" tall, GLASS.   Viewable on front and left side.   right side against a wall, back will be completely hidden.     Current design is whole back wall is a coast to coast overflow, into an overflow trough outside the tank.   

(Think of this as a 4' x 4' x 27" on three sides, and 26" tall on the whole back wall - feeding an Outside the tank overflow box on the back wall.   Yes, there will be a screen w/teeth to keep fish/snails from going over the overflow.)   

I haven't surveyed suppliers well yet.   Keep us updated what you find out.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, pdxmonkeyboy said:

I can't believe I didn't understand that you meant custom. I was like costume?  what is a custume tank?  4x4x2 would be a cool size!   

Haha... I thought you were just being "you" there.

Makes me think we should have a listing somewhere for all the custom tank builders and a way for people to leave feedback.  It is one of the most important and expensive investments in the hobby so one definitely wants to do their research.

• Like 2

Stephanie, I have a Glass Cages tank about 5X3X2.  If you like you can swing by to take a look.  Tank is in Ridgefield, WA.

I will be leaving on the 15th for Florida, so would have to be soon.  I will be selling the whole system as I now live 6mo in Key Largo and 6 mo here.

Ken