It has ARRIVED!

Blue Z Reef

It has been a LONG HAUL with this build. I bought this tank about a year ago and spent forever refinishing the stand to match the trim in our house. The stand also needed some repairs as well. After all that time, I just had some movers bring it into the living room this morning. The scale of this puppy is pretty daunting now that I see it in its “final resting place”. It is a MarineLand 6x2x28” tank (210 gal I believe, which is ironically what I had a few years back just different dimensions). Hoping the setup doesn’t take another year 😂

HUGE shoutout to Confidence Moving Labor LLC for doing the move. It was surprisingly hard to find someone willing to do the move period. I felt their price was more than fair also (had some people quote me a “would be dumb not to do the job” price 🙄).

Here it is!

CADE7CB4-2D69-4CBA-8723-4D1280244FFF.jpeg

21D31065-34D8-48CC-9C12-E278CE8F08B6.jpeg

8C3A9E8F-FBA6-4B22-BFDB-F372090BF886.jpeg

• Like 12

6 hours ago, eclipse522 said:

Nice work. I hope you like the finished product because I love it.

Thanks, took a lot of work to get it to where it is now. Whole thing was sprayed, then ran really bad and had to all be sanded back down and resprayed again. I am now very happy with my decision to do white instead of leaving the oak/wood look it had before, definitely fits the room well!

unfortunately our whole family has had the worst cold/flu in years so not moving fast at the moment, hoping to pickup speed again once we feel better 🤧

2 hours ago, obrien.david.j said:

Can you move my fireplace two feet to the left, so I can grow my four foot tank to a six foot tank?   Congrats, yours looks really nice. 

easy peasey 😂! When we bought our house I was on the lookout for a nice spot for a tank like this and that spot worked out perfect for a 6’ tank.

20 minutes ago, The ReefBox said:

Nice work Jeff!!  Time to stock that thing up!! I happen to know a local shop that can help! Hint hint!😂

You know it buddy! Super excited for the stocking part of the build. My son is already saying he wants to pick a fish!

Now if our fam can all just get over the cold/flu we all have I could get back to work on it 🤧