Red Sea acknowledges design flaw on Reefer XXL 750

SuncrestReef

For months there have been reports and debates online about Reefer XXL 750 tank failures.  Some of the reports were proven to be fraudulent, but some seemed legit.  Yesterday Red Sea finally admitted there’s a problem with the stand design allowing it to sag in the middle which leads to a seam rupture on the tank.

This post at R2R shows screen captures of Red Sea’s statement from their official Facebook group:

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/red-sea-reefer-750xxl-acknowledged-as-defective-design.651834/

If you have a Reefer XXL 750, you should probably inspect it and contact Red Sea to get the retrofit support column.

I’m hoping none of you ever experience a tank failure, and hope this post will help prevent one.

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, pdxmonkeyboy said:

TONIGHT, A KOIN 6 SPECIAL NEWS BULLETIN 

Particle board discovered to have structural weaknesses in damp environments! 

All joking aside, it does say a lot that they came forward and admitted an issue and are taking care of customers.  That is all that really matters. Good on redsea! 

I'm not 100% certain, but I believe the larger models (625, 750) use plywood cabinets.  Doesn't diminish the fact that it's probably best to have a metal frame.

11 hours ago, SuncrestReef said:

For months there have been reports and debates online about Reefer XXL 750 tank failures.  Some of the reports were proven to be fraudulent, but some seemed legit.  Yesterday Red Sea finally admitted there’s a problem with the stand design allowing it to sag in the middle which leads to a seam rupture on the tank.

This post at R2R shows screen captures of Red Sea’s statement from their official Facebook group:

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/red-sea-reefer-750xxl-acknowledged-as-defective-design.651834/

If you have a Reefer XXL 750, you should probably inspect it and contact Red Sea to get the retrofit support column.

I’m hoping none of you ever experience a tank failure, and hope this post will help prevent one.

Well thank goodness I dont have to worry about this................for a second I was scarred :laugh:

IMG_7314.jpg

• Like 4