Flipper to the rescue

Mandinga

I had decided 2-months ago that i was going to make my nano a top down tank, since it had turned into a 21 gallon farm tank...but, it just wasn’t quite what i had hoped...it looked dismal, and had about 80% coralline coverage.

My arm ached just looking at the corraline.

So i broke down and bought the flipper...

67a6fcb2f632bf7d662aa910383b54f4.jpg

15 minutes later my water was cotton candy pink

cf5ccca12cbfc7018d70c4874e288861.jpg

And today back to normal on the hobby farm:

db9dfaf7db4aca98e2226189956166e8.jpg

i was really impressed at how awesome the flipper worked. All my previous tanks were acrylic, so I’m new to the world of metal scrapers hahaha!

• Like 5

I bought this and the tunze nano one to compare. Flipper is hands down the best. Neutral buoyancy makes a huge difference, and it’s super narrow (important because my undata grows out toward my glass). Tunze sinks faster than a rock if it breaks free, and doesn’t have the scrubber side. I just wish I’d bought one way back when they came out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bicyclebill said:

I bought this and the tunze nano one to compare. Flipper is hands down the best. Neutral buoyancy makes a huge difference, and it’s super narrow (important because my undata grows out toward my glass). Tunze sinks faster than a rock if it breaks free, and doesn’t have the scrubber side. I just wish I’d bought one way back when they came out!

That’s why I mounted the undata I got from you onto a rock dead center in my tank, as far from the glass on all sides. 😊

• Like 1