Friday night scare

DarkAngel

Last night we are lying in bed watching a movie, all cozy...feeling sleepy....when Sharklover pauses it saying “that’s a sound I don’t know”. He looks over at the 180 gallon in my bedroom. After a few seconds he gets up to investigate and says “there’s a fire”. I immediately jump out of bed. Then he follows with “there’s a leak”. At this point, I can smell burnt wires and I’m standing there as he pulls things out from around the aquarium with what I can only imagine is a panic look on my face. Apparently the emergency overflow had a little water in it and it leaked down dripping on the electrical outlet making it spark. So thankful it wasn’t worse!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Sad 2

Whoa !   :nooo:Good thing you were home !! Glad all is well!  :clap:
Side note: 180 gallon in your bedroom. You 2 are in deep!  :joking:

Yes she’s in deep. Three tanks in her bedroom and then the 100g in her office. And she still has me on the hunt for the what she considers the perfect sized 300g (at the perfect price) to upgrade her 180g.

• Like 1

Yes she’s in deep. Three tanks in her bedroom and then the 100g in her office. And she still has me on the hunt for the what she considers the perfect sized 300g (at the perfect price) to upgrade her 180g.

Well I don’t know about the “perfect” size, maybe for the bedroom but a 450 ish would be awesome for the living room! [emoji4]

• Like 1

I think the fact that she’s posting at all is great. She’s been watching the forum for almost a year and never posted before this week. Lol. Getting out of her shell I guess. I would attribute that to how friendly Kim any Holly have been to her. [emoji4]

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sharklover said:

I think the fact that she’s posting at all is great. She’s been watching the forum for almost a year and never posted before this week. Lol. Getting out of her shell I guess. I would attribute that to how friendly Kim any Holly have been to her. emoji4.png

Yeah - noticed her showing up here lately... really glad to have her on board!  Need someone to give us the lowdown on what you are really up to :shock:

Glad to hear the leak and electrical fire didn't turn out worse... scary stuff!

• Like 2

Yeah - noticed her showing up here lately... really glad to have her on board!  Need someone to give us the lowdown on what you are really up to :shock:
Glad to hear the leak and electrical fire didn't turn out worse... scary stuff!

Thanks. Everyone in the community have been super sweet.

15 hours ago, Sharklover said:

What's the perfect price? 😬

Have a 300 (72x36x28) in storage collecting dust Bunnys lol 

• Like 1

I am so jealous, what a perfect fish couple! I should have thought more carefully before dropping all that cash in brand new wood floors:( now she wont let me get bigger than a 5 gal tank!

We are lucky that we both love saltwater so much but may go broke buying stuff! We are taking dive lessons in May. Maybe we can catch fish, corals, etc and trade for equipment! [emoji13]

• Like 2

On 4/1/2018 at 1:46 AM, Ron said:

What's the perfect price? 😬

Have a 300 (72x36x28) in storage collecting dust Bunnys lol 

Thats a nice tank! So much room for activities..

Edited by R-3