Anyone know what these are?

mykayaknme

• 2 weeks later...

They don't look quite like the majano's I've seen in the past...however, they are a type of pest anemone, and you can see several smaller ones in the nooks and crannies as well.  Soooo, kill em and be done...Turning off the pumps and covering in kalk past has been my go to in the past.

• Like 2

Looks like majano anemones. Like aiptasia they are considered a pest. There are different ways to eradicate them like aiptasia x, joes juice or kalk paste. You can even buy this thing called a majano wand to electrocute them.
Oh wow I had no idea. I will begin the slaughter today. They are definitely everywhere.
Thank you!

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

• Like 1

From someone who “lost” the battle to those little demon spawns, I’d HIGHLY advise removing the rock and killing them external to the tank with a torch. All the methods mentioned can work but not as well as removal and obliteration by fire! Once they start multiplying it’s hard to get a handle on them. I even bought a high powered laser to melt them with and it worked best but you have to continually hit them with it so they don’t have time to recover.

buying live rock is good for beneficial bacteria but not ideal for pests like Majanos. 

• Like 1

Totally agree with @Blue Z Reef If those take over you will always regret putting that rock into your display. I would pull the rock consider it a loss for the pay, let it dry out, soak it in a bleach mix for a week, then re cook the rock and introduce to the tank. I bought 2 frags years ago for $90 that had Dinos that eventually wiped out most of my tank, Had I known that crap was on those frags I would have ate the $90 and tossed the frags in the trash. 

• Like 1

Just be aware that if you do torch it make sure you have good ventilation as they can release some noxious fumes. I agree with Bluezreef in that if it was me I would just remove the rock. Sometimes I just put it in the sump and have not seen spread but it's possible so you can also just remove the rock completely.

Totally agree with [mention=14573]Blue Z Reef[/mention] If those take over you will always regret putting that rock into your display. I would pull the rock consider it a loss for the pay, let it dry out, soak it in a bleach mix for a week, then re cook the rock and introduce to the tank. I bought 2 frags years ago for $90 that had Dinos that eventually wiped out most of my tank, Had I known that crap was on those frags I would have ate the $90 and tossed the frags in the trash. 
Oh [language filter]. There are Ricordia on the back of it, they were already there tho but still.
Oh well, im taking it out now.
Thank you everyone, am sure glad i asked!

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk