Anybody free this afternoon?

Lovesalt

Where are you located? Do you have all the necessary parts? The unfortunate reality is that plumbing a tank usually requires several back and forth trips to the hardware store. Have you started the process out? I'm not exactly able to help out myself, but answering those questions might help others decide. Hope it goes well! YouTube is super helpful with this kind of stuff. It's really easy once you research it a bit. :)

Edited by Higher Thinking

Thanks!

I don't have parts yet other than new bulk heads and some other Old parts. I'm planning a trip to Home Depot shortly.

I'm in sw portland/Beaverton near Jesuit HS.

Part of the challenge is knowing what to buy...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lowes sells true inion valve and has regular unions as well i am drawing her a pretty basic plumbing plan and she can go from there if i was free i would gladly come over and help her she is going to buy plenty of extras and return what is not used her rainbow bubble tips are worth it somone help her out!!

• Like 1

Lowes sells true inion valve and has regular unions as well i am drawing her a pretty basic plumbing plan and she can go from there if i was free i would gladly come over and help her she is going to buy plenty of extras and return what is not used her rainbow bubble tips are worth it somone help her out!!

Yep, lowes is the place up here too.  Otherwise I try to preorder.  Darn cheap ball valves get stuck for me personally after a while.  I broke a handle off trying to turn one once.

• Like 1

It's all pretty simple once you get it going - the hardest part is measuring everything. One tip - remember that once you put on the glue the pipes slide in much easier, at least a quarter inch or so on each connection. So measure accordingly. I'd also go online for higher quality ball and gate valves. I used the cheap stuff on my mixing station and they stick so much it's absurd.

• Like 2

It's all pretty simple once you get it going - the hardest part is measuring everything. One tip - remember that once you put on the glue the pipes slide in much easier, at least a quarter inch or so on each connection. So measure accordingly. I'd also go online for higher quality ball and gate valves. I used the cheap stuff on my mixing station and they stick so much it's absurd.

Also if you have decent fittings there is a rim inside so you can measure how far the pipe will go in.

I have purchased stuff from HD and have had no issues. My last set up it all came from BRS and Fergusson as I found they carry sch 80

• Like 1