MACNA 2016 in San Diego!!!

Gil&Fin

Had a fun day today....learning about coral grafting...

00eb67d252b9f79df3ab696b7706fc55.jpg

...and hanging out with Garrett, Jeff, and Jeff's wife Kelly [i forgot to take a pic!]...

...and watching more jelly fish... 0ce3d5d13b994a0ece04ea97708ed291.jpgd81cb9738f9af1aaac13004cd6680edc.jpg

...and learning about gonioporas...

5378d9e82ac6c6bbd5a8a39139477683.jpg0f53db450616cf45186163c13db36923.jpge9bbd729fc580286233beca6ddac51bb.jpg

...and looking at some new products...

0d740c35fd7748d1eaa220b99547d5a5.jpg8b82ef7f8d4ac07213c6dfce74e0a4b5.jpg

...and shamelessly asking for photos with reef video stars...

9d71eb5cfb20d08aba19cf1f21280c6f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk

Adding on to Holly's thread. I didn't take nearly as many pictures as she did. This was the reception last night which was a lot of fun !

0C814EAA-3064-4559-BDCA-A265233E14BC_zps

The band was pretty good but Holly and I and 2 kids were the only ones dancing until Sirena came by later. I have a video of Holly getting down but was told not to post it.????

7F1124F9-5FB8-482D-AFD9-CA8EA2E3FFAC_zps

• Like 1

Just another fish nerd [emoji23] I hear here are a few down there...........

I hear from a few friends its also not the best area ? What do you think ?

Hmmm. The best area? You mean San Diego in general? Or where the conference was held? I think San Diego is beautiful. The conference center is in a typical resort zone. What did you hear?

Hmmm. The best area? You mean San Diego in general? Or where the conference was held? I think San Diego is beautiful. The conference center is in a typical resort zone. What did you hear?

I guess the resort area maybe. I know a few people are in a older looking hotel that is being renovated at the same time.

I am sure the area is nice.

Did you have a chance to stop by reef kenetic booth?? There's a post on r2r about this product can test mostly everything and send the results to your phone!!!

I saw that on Reef2Reef. It looks basically like a robot that does all of your reagent based water tests for you. Big, complicated, and expensive, but it could be worth it if you have the space and you are gone from your tank for significant periods of time.

There's also a new continuous alkalinity monitor that JimWelsh from Reef2Reef is demoing at MACNA. This thing looks a little less unwieldy than the ReefKinetics device. There is a video of it on the Triton-US Facebook page. He demonstrated it at the Triton booth because he didn't have his own booth.

I saw that on Reef2Reef. It looks basically like a robot that does all of your reagent based water tests for you. Big, complicated, and expensive, but it could be worth it if you have the space and you are gone from your tank for significant periods of time.

There's also a new continuous alkalinity monitor that JimWelsh from Reef2Reef is demoing at MACNA. This thing looks a little less unwieldy than the ReefKinetics device. There is a video of it on the Triton-US Facebook page. He demonstrated it at the Triton booth because he didn't have his own booth.

If that KH device works well then it's gonna be a game changer for sps tank! Very interesting!
  • Like 1

Okay adding on to Holly's thread. She was Wayyyy better at taking pictures but I did stop by the Tunze booth. Their new controller looks sweet and it is coming out in a month. The only thing I didn't like about it was that it only works on tunze pumps.

C7F51D3A-CCE1-4579-8DA2-5CF8F1B2FB54_zps

It was not all macna. This was San Diego so we had to enjoy the weather.

Lounging by the pool and playing with the ohotobucket edit options while waiting for our plane !

62375D8B-D201-4207-92FC-56E87E46C778_zps

I did stop by the Reef Kinetic booth and took a look at their device. They wouldn't let me take a pic of the "brains" but here are a couple pics of the testers that hold the reagents.245e0f1b24d0e22ff37a5cf64caf3bcb.jpga28a4dc3a5930509d689f7fc601a634e.jpg

It is supposed to be $600 for the first 4-reagent module and $200 for each additional. So say you use Red Sea tests for example and want to be able to test kh (uses one reagent) and ca (uses three reagents), you could just get one. I think that's how it works. He said you can use whatever test you want.