Jebao Gyre

Jeramy

Has any one seen and or used these yet? I have been a huge fan of the Jebao products making reefing affordable for the masses and saw these last night on amazon but had not heard any hype leading up to them or even any one using them. I was thinking about putting one on my 75 this fall when it is all ready to rock!

JEBAO/JECOD CP-40 CP-25 CP 40 CP 25 Cross Flow Pump wave maker With Strong Magnetism Wireless Master Pump Control https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01G04FP9U/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_COBuxbH1PB8ZQ

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Search them on Reef2Reef, lots of good articles about people trying them out :) I read a few of them a while back and people seemed to like the pump.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Paratore
  • Like 1

as there should be!!!   I know that it's nice that you can buy the cheap knock off.... but the cost of RnD, testing, marketing and everything that goes into bringing a product to market.....  that is all on the innovator!  Then some other company side steps our patent laws and throws up the same product.... with none of the work to design it.  I hope Jebao gets sued.  and i hope they have to pay a large amount of money.  That will at least give something back to the company that developed the product.

• Like 2

as there should be!!! I know that it's nice that you can buy the cheap knock off.... but the cost of RnD, testing, marketing and everything that goes into bringing a product to market..... that is all on the innovator! Then some other company side steps our patent laws and throws up the same product.... with none of the work to design it. I hope Jebao gets sued. and i hope they have to pay a large amount of money. That will at least give something back to the company that developed the product.

Didn't ecotech go after them when they made the wp's?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I have had bad experiences with Jebao...over 8 pumps have failed in less than a year. I would never by Jebao again. Just my experience and opinion. 

I have the maxspect xf150 and it failed in 5 months..I think there are just too many moving parts to fail in the gyre pumps. Coralvue had excellent customer service and quickly replaced the motor and it was back up and running within a couple of days. 

as there should be!!! I know that it's nice that you can buy the cheap knock off.... but the cost of RnD, testing, marketing and everything that goes into bringing a product to market..... that is all on the innovator! Then some other company side steps our patent laws and throws up the same product.... with none of the work to design it. I hope Jebao gets sued. and i hope they have to pay a large amount of money. That will at least give something back to the company that developed the product.

agreed, the blatant copy on these was insane. The wp honestly wasnt that bad, it looked similar but wasnt external magnet, etc. These are carbon copies.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

Today I ordered two of the cp-40 and a dcs9000 return pump. I have their dosing pump on my current tank and it has been working good for me.

Reviews I have seen have been pretty good. I am looking to put one on each end and alternate the wave timing. Through the coarse of 24 hours should be some random flow through the tank as they cycle.

• Like 1

Has any one seen and or used these yet? I have been a huge fan of the Jebao products making reefing affordable for the masses and saw these last night on amazon but had not heard any hype leading up to them or even any one using them. I was thinking about putting one on my 75 this fall when it is all ready to rock!

JEBAO/JECOD CP-40 CP-25 CP 40 CP 25 Cross Flow Pump wave maker With Strong Magnetism Wireless Master Pump Control https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01G04FP9U/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_COBuxbH1PB8ZQ

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Let us know how you like it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...

So far.... our Maxspect GYRE is better used in the long tank vs the cube.  For that.... it's amazing!!  the whole tank gets flow from one power head.  Not that the cube didn't get good flow... it was just too strong on the side it was on.  Blew sand everywhere on even a low setting.  Granted i was using the 150.  Works amazingly well in the 6ft. tank.

@PowderBlue, Brand aside, how does running a gyre type flow compare to standard wavemakers/circulation pumps? I've been interested in making that switch but haven't seen them used personally. (Pure inexperience, not that people don't use them.)

I've have Vortechs MPs, I've had a couple rw pumps as well, for my setup the gyre is amazing. Keeps things off the sand bed which is really nice, and the adjustment for intensity is nice as well. It has a very wide spread and the push/pull seems to do very well. You can definitely do more with a Vortech and their reef crest modes etc, but this does great with my setup.

I don't like powerheads so me being able to flow entire 4 foot tank with one powerhead, I was sold from the start!

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk