Auto Refresh

BarryV

I have never know what it is, but when i log on and then go to click a thread.....the page jumps down a half inch and you end up clicking a different thread, then have to back out of it. Is that what your talking about? If so, ya it's annoying. Thought it was just me.

It really is!  Glad this came up...

We have experimentally turned it off the sponsor refresh for now while you are sitting on a page reading.

The sponsor banner will still change as you navigate, just not when you are on a page.

The refresh is a third party plugin we have little control over.

You might need to hit ctrl-r to reload the site and see the changes...

• Like 5

I will say the refresh feature has come in handy when I was typing something in the "quick-post" and someone else posted on the same thread. Other than that, it is an annoyance.

What is the original reason for having the webpage auto-refresh? It would make sense for to not/limit auto-refresh if the banner never changes.

This had been haunting me for some time, I just started to adapt and click lower than I had intentionally or held the mouse button down so it did not actually register...Never thought about asking to see if it was the site and not my computer.

Hi All,

Is there a way to stop auto refresh on this site?

This is the only web site I have seen refresh every couple of seconds.

It makes the whole page jump.

Thanks,

Barry

Thanks for bringing this up. And thanks admins for fixing it. That was like a micro splinter that was always annoying ya and you just get used to it. I never new it was a fixable problem, but man i sure like that it has stopped.

• Like 2