Any new Christmas Toys?

TheClark

Share the news!

Here are my two.  Not very expensive (from a reef perspective!) and both seem to work great.

Tunze Care Magnet

Recommended by a knowledgeable reefer (ssappington).  I was amazed how his tank was clean down to the sand bed, no corraline, nothing but scratch free acyrlic.  So Santa brought one, nice!  I needed the strong so it set santa back over 70 bucks, there are cheaper ones if your tank is thinner though.

208858-tunzecaremagnetnano-a.jpg

Tunze has reinvented the glass magnet cleaner with the Care Magnet.

• Special plastic blades made of wear-resistant high performance plastic - plastic blades are recommended for acrylic tanks
  • Plastic Blade life - several months to approx. one year
  • Compact design with large cleaning surface area
  • Inner magnet is more than 3mm away from the aquarium and prevents jamming of aquarium sand
  • Angle of blades against glass, remove more algae than a flat blade
  • Available in Nano, Long, and Strong

Eheim Vaccuum

31cLttovLeL.jpg

KKnights sparking clean tank inspired this one.  She has the same aquarium maker as I do and has the challenge of a deep overflow.  This baby cleans out the detritus even in such a narrow situation.  Yes, I could siphon from the overflow to the sump through a filter sock, but man this is easy.  Easy tends to get done more often  :doh:

A bonus, this thing cleans out sump detritus as well.

I am happy with it.  Sump and overflows are much cleaner.

Right now on amazon prime for 38 bucks, tough deal to beat.

Edited by theclark

There is just something amazing about pulling out copious amounts of detritus, nice addition there...I should probably go that route especially after my last detritus removal day left me with a mouth full of pure black detritus(I was mouth siphoning a tight spot!). Oh that was brutal.

Edited by Mandinga
  • Like 1

Eheim makes great products in my experience so I bet it is worth the buy, and your right on the easy gets done especially when I am short on time or it comes to my son.The algae scraper looks like it beats the heck out of the standard magnet scrapers,scrylic is always the toughest to keep clean. Would love to know how it holds up later down the road.

• Like 1

Some killer upgrades right there. I have been wanting the 247 for a while but need to have a good excuse before I make the purchase. The maxspect Grye is definitely something I would love to see in action, maybe one of these days I can check it out. Flow is one thing I do need more of.

Edited by badxgillen

Share the news!

Here are my two.  Not very expensive (from a reef perspective!) and both seem to work great.

Tunze Care Magnet

Recommended by a knowledgeable reefer (ssappington).  I was amazed how his tank was clean down to the sand bed, no corraline, nothing but scratch free acyrlic.  So Santa brought one, nice!  I needed the strong so it set santa back over 70 bucks, there are cheaper ones if your tank is thinner though.

208858-tunzecaremagnetnano-a.jpg

Tunze has reinvented the glass magnet cleaner with the Care Magnet.

• Special plastic blades made of wear-resistant high performance plastic - plastic blades are recommended for acrylic tanks
  • Plastic Blade life - several months to approx. one year
  • Compact design with large cleaning surface area
  • Inner magnet is more than 3mm away from the aquarium and prevents jamming of aquarium sand
  • Angle of blades against glass, remove more algae than a flat blade
  • Available in Nano, Long, and Strong

Eheim Vaccuum

31cLttovLeL.jpg

KKnights sparking clean tank inspired this one.  She has the same aquarium maker as I do and has the challenge of a deep overflow.  This baby cleans out the detritus even in such a narrow situation.  Yes, I could siphon from the overflow to the sump through a filter sock, but man this is easy.  Easy tends to get done more often  :doh:

A bonus, this thing cleans out sump detritus as well.

I am happy with it.  Sump and overflows are much cleaner.

Right now on amazon prime for 38 bucks, tough deal to beat.

Glad  it worked out for you. I love it !