$10 frags??

MrBret

Well said Garrett. My issue is not so much the moderation of this particular thread it is the feeling that the moderation has been unbalanced and unfair. Matty I'm not saying it is coming from you at all. I'm just saying that is my feeling as well as others.

People should not be afraid to speak up and conversations do need to happen and they are not always going to be positive.

I fully agree. If you remember me from my past bitching as a member, my biggest issue was over moderating and closing threads when you and others were the ones in charge. I also seem to remember discussions in many of the old moderator threads (I got to read through tons before they were lost) about not letting discussions go very far because they always get out of hand. We are actually from what I remember moderating less than before except now many are on the other side of the moderating.

My point is, just like you and every other moderator that came before we don't always get it right but our intentions, at least mine are always what's best for the community.

I for one have to say not only that I appreciate the moderators doing their jobs here but I also appreciate this kind of conversation. Things cannot change if the conversation isn't happening.

Rudy has always been a stand up guy and his stock is excellent. I can attest as a long time customer on both the retail and wholesale front and as a competitor on both the retail and wholesale front. Rudy is a top notch guy and deserves nothing but respect.

Disrespecting a sponsor of this club is not ok. Moderating said disrespect is much appreciated. I think the BOD in place is working hard to make sure that this forum continues and that it progresses in the right direction. The club has seen better days but I do think that it will see even better days if the BOD continues to error on the side of ethical practice.

Amen.

G, we are best buddy not competitor at all.

• Like 1

Please people. This is getting out of hand. The original offensive post was moderated. Others have posted offensive language in response. Not cool. Golden basket had made this into a sale thread and posted a link to an outside auction. All not cool. Can we please all take a breath and remember why we're here. Let's show some respect towards each other.

Thank you.

I fully agree. If you remember me from my past *****ing as a member, my biggest issue was over moderating and closing threads when you and others were the ones in charge. I also seem to remember discussions in many of the old moderator threads (I got to read through tons before they were lost) about not letting discussions go very far because they always get out of hand. We are actually from what I remember moderating less than before except now many are on the other side of the moderating.

My point is, just like you and every other moderator that came before we don't always get it right but our intentions, at least mine are always what's best for the community.

I assure you Matty I was always on the more free speech side. I feel like I have always been opinionated but have been respectful and have not always been met with the same respect. I still take great offense that there was a vote for me to be permanently banned when I have done so much for this club and have such loyalty to this place and members.

Again the fact that I was not permanently banned shows that there are still reasonable people on the board including yourself Matty.

I also take great offense that the current President called the police on me over false accusations because I did not respond to him in a timely manner while I was on vacation in Hawaii.

The quarterly report has negative things to say about me and other former officers but was made a sticky yet negative comments towards Micah are deleted.

I have always had the best interest of this club at heart and I know you do as well.

Again, I'm not trying to rehash the past but I have simply had enough. Repeated disrespect of a sponsor is not okay and it is bad for the club. The board really needs to take a strong look at the President of this club. My feelings for this are not personal. I just feel until Kevin steps down or the negativity will continue.

I would also advise that if there is a replacement of the vp position that it should be made as a vote to the members.

Sorry again Bret for derailing this thread. Sorry Matty if I have offended you in any way. I appreciate that this thread was not closed though it has completely gone off topic.

Let's all step back for a minute.

Since when is anyone on this forum not allowed to post there experience with a vendor? The same way that the critics feel entitled to post there experience, I am entitled to post mine no? There are some that say that as a President of the club I should curtail my opinion, but I believe the opposite. I believe as a president of this club it is my place to be honest with my experiences.

I did not say don't buy from Golden Basket. I did not say Golden basket is a crook that defrauds consumers with over saturated photo's. What I said was this is when they are open, go buy from them then.

As a consumer and previous customer I have been unhappy with my purchases on multiple occasions from Golden Basket/Java West. Enough so that I stopped purchasing from them, even though I have a GC for them. That is my honest experience as a customer. Why someone would call me names for being honest about my experience makes no sense to me. It makes as much sense to me as a sponsor ignoring the forum rules and posting for sale items in the general forum.

I as a person am allowed to share my experience with vendors. If it is swayed because of my position in the community, so be it.I earned the position I have in the reefing community. My representation is an honest expression of my experience, and the same as it is negative towards one it may reflect positively on another, because that is what my experience has been. As a member of this community my priority is always towards honesty and towards the community and not based on where the money is coming from.

You can always count on my experiences with a product or vendor being honestly portrayed, whether they are a sponsor or not.

If my honesty offends others, so be it. I will not apologize for representing to the community an honest reflection of my experiences. Infact, IMO it would be wrong of me to do otherwise.

Okay deep breath. I just want to explain where I am coming from. Yesterday I found out a dear family's 6 month old baby was diagnosed with leukemia. I come to this place to see tanks talk about reefs and sometimes random off the wall stuff. Like others I miss this place and how fun it used to be.

I come here to escape a bit from the world and just relax and chill and have fun.

As a President I feel you represent the club and need to put your personal feelings aside. I also feel that you need to put your ego aside and listen to what the members are saying and listen to what people are saying.

This attitude that it is "my way or the highway" needs to stop and try to find some humility. The participation has gone way down. Many good people have stepped down from office and I think all would agree this site is not what it was a year ago and this was when we had a President in name only. No offense to Mohaynow as he had stated he didn't really have time for the job but only stayed on because nobody else would. What is it going to take to listen to feedback and respond to it?

The job is really not much different than running a successful reef tank. Sometimes the better move is to be patient and not make too many changes too quickly. Again I apologize for being a little heated yesterday. I just truly have had enough of this. However, I will stick around and pay my membership and patiently wait and hope that things will change as there are still many great.

members on the board and members in the community.

Happy Thanksgiving all. Enjoy your time with your families and please keep positive thoughts for this beautiful little boy.

Kevin, let me pointed out to you why your post is not appropriate since you don't have a clue what is going on.

As an individual member you have to know forum rules about posting.

As a president of the club you should not know the rules of posting. Shame and no excuse and you are not helping the community.

You know the drill, open vendors feedback, state the number of time you bought from GB and explain in detail your problem.

All this time I have never heard a word about your problem, I say it again here I AM NOT PSYCHIC TO KNOW YOUR PROBLEM AND CAN RESOLVE THEM.

This is a blind jab coming from individual members or worst coming from club president.

I guest vendor forums is not your style and like to do it in the open, so your are encouraging others to by pass the vendors feedback forum.

You have repeatedly showing as the negative force of this forum.

You don't want to use your Golden Basket GC that is your choice, nothing to be proud about your decision to parade here.

My reply to you still the same, if you don't want to use it than just donate to the club for other member/s to enjoy.

This thread is a very bad example of why we need vendors feedback forum to voice one personal purchase experience.

The participants are victim of ill intention of the instigator.

"Purchase problem should be communicated with the seller to come up with resolution.

If seller no help then open vendors feedback to voice your opinion and get a response from seller."

First off, the Holiday season is a great time to get some awesome deals from GB. Last year I picked up some really nice stuff. As I recall, Mr Bret and I were battling over Rasta Rainbow frags. Good times :)

Since when is it okay to bash our sponsors on the open forum? I recall getting a rash of crap over the original LED shenanigans, yet, our president hops on a post about a good holiday sale and starts posting derogatory comments? I'm sorry but who pays for us to exist on this forum? Impacting a sponsor's business by stating "don't buy from so and so's online site" isn't going to put a good taste in their mouth about sponsoring us in the future. Lead by example and we won't be stuck in this cycle of negativity, it seems to have had a negative impact on the number of people here.

We in the PNW are extremely lucky that Java West is in our own back yard. We are able to get some amazing stuff 1-2 years before the market trends the price on that same $10 frag towards $50-500 per polyp, inch, whatever.

There's no trickery here, just good business practice IMO: Give the customer what they want, at the price they deem fair. There's a reason Java West has been around as long as it has.

Losing Golden Basket as a sponsor is a major blow. Rudy has a lot of knowledge that he willingly passes onto anyone that needs it time and time again. The live sales, sneak peeks are always relished by the larger national forums of which he isn't currently a part of.

I grow tired of the age old complaint of "it looks different in my tank", especially when the buyer is running old school 50/50 D120's. Personally, I find GB's stuff looks brighter, and more colorful in my tank (effort in = quality out). In the 50+ frags I've gotten from him over the last 2 years I'm happier with his representation than any other ebay seller bar none. Rudy has spent a lot of time tweaking his lighting to get the color representation as close to ideal as possible, even erring on the side of conservative. Most pictures now are taken under ~14,000 Kelvin lighting. This is near impossible to do with LED as the diode spectrum's are not application specific. Expecting pigment excitation to be exactly the same under poor spectrum lighting is insane. With missing spectral bands, how can you expect to get the excitation? With a decent light, you get great coral coloration. You need to provide the conditions that a coral needs for it to grow, the same as if your water parameters were sub-par. Even if you do have a problem, he has been more than happy to make it right if you talk to him. There is a reason that a lot of the big players (JF, CB, RK, CC) are ebay shopping along side all of us, they trust him as a seller and they know the potential that his 1st gen maricultured stuff has.

• Like 1

First off, the Holiday season is a great time to get some awesome deals from GB. Last year I picked up some really nice stuff. As I recall, Mr Bret and I were battling over Rasta Rainbow frags. Good times :)

Since when is it okay to bash our sponsors on the open forum? I recall getting a rash of crap over the original LED shenanigans, yet, our president hops on a post about a good holiday sale and starts posting derogatory comments? I'm sorry but who pays for us to exist on this forum? Impacting a sponsor's business by stating "don't buy from so and so's online site" isn't going to put a good taste in their mouth about sponsoring us in the future. Lead by example and we won't be stuck in this cycle of negativity, it seems to have had a negative impact on the number of people here.

We in the PNW are extremely lucky that Java West is in our own back yard. We are able to get some amazing stuff 1-2 years before the market trends the price on that same $10 frag towards $50-500 per polyp, inch, whatever.

There's no trickery here, just good business practice IMO: Give the customer what they want, at the price they deem fair. There's a reason Java West has been around as long as it has.

Losing Golden Basket as a sponsor is a major blow. Rudy has a lot of knowledge that he willingly passes onto anyone that needs it time and time again. The live sales, sneak peeks are always relished by the larger national forums of which he isn't currently a part of.

I grow tired of the age old complaint of "it looks different in my tank", especially when the buyer is running old school 50/50 D120's. Personally, I find GB's stuff looks brighter, and more colorful in my tank (effort in = quality out). In the 50+ frags I've gotten from him over the last 2 years I'm happier with his representation than any other ebay seller bar none. Rudy has spent a lot of time tweaking his lighting to get the color representation as close to ideal as possible, even erring on the side of conservative. Most pictures now are taken under ~14,000 Kelvin lighting. This is near impossible to do with LED as the diode spectrum's are not application specific. Expecting pigment excitation to be exactly the same under poor spectrum lighting is insane. With missing spectral bands, how can you expect to get the excitation? With a decent light, you get great coral coloration. You need to provide the conditions that a coral needs for it to grow, the same as if your water parameters were sub-par. Even if you do have a problem, he has been more than happy to make it right if you talk to him. There is a reason that a lot of the big players (JF, CB, RK, CC) are ebay shopping along side all of us, they trust him as a seller and they know the potential that his 1st gen maricultured stuff has.

Right on the money here Bomber. With everything you said.....especialy have to agree with the lighting conditions/spectrum in everyones tank. I have consulted Rudy on that as well, trippled up the uv"s we use. 2 to 3 days later....Wow! thats all im saying.

I differ from many people here in that I think people should be able to speak their mind about any shop, sponsor, or other seller....regardless if they are a sponsor or not.

Why? Because it's an open forum...where people are allowed to voice their opinions...good or bad.

In this case, GB is one of those shops with such a sparkling reputation that the person complaining ends up sounding like he has an axe to grind....and since he is our "president" it makes it sound even worse for him. poor form yet again.

That being said, GB has amazing stuff...and their feedback on ebay alone speaks for itself! I sell on ebay, and I have yet to hit 100 positive feedback...GB has nearly 5000! That alone says soo much because trust me, eBay customers can be a complete PIA!

I also agree with Bomber, all the GB frags I have bought actually look better in my tank than in Rudy's.

Keep rockin Rudy...

I was really looking forward to snagging a couple of those cheap underpriced gems on Thanksgiving, but after this thread, I'm sure those prices won't last!

• Like 1

I agree Isaac. I do feel that people should have the right to voice their opinions if there are LEGITIMATE concerns about a vendor. The fact that the President's negative comments are only after Goldenbasket spoke out against him clearly shows a personal axe to grind. There is NO place for that on this forum. As a long term moderator and current President, Kevin should really know better. Your post was deleted Kevin, clearly even the board and officers are saying this is not okay. Really Kevin, what does it take for you to actually LISTEN? I agree by the way having sold on EBAY customers can be difficult and even when you do all the right things they can still be difficult to satisfy so the positive feedback speaks for itself.

This place is out of hand. I dont see anyone trying to move this forum forward - just bicker about personalities. IF this place ever gets back to the hobby I may come back. Rudy has been nothing but a stand up guy in my experience. I am not here to debate anything, I just want to show my support for Rudy at golden basket. Keep up the great work

• Like 1

People people people...leaving is not the answer. That accomplishes nothing. And like it or not, the forum will live on without you....it just won't be as good! Leaving is admitting defeat! Dig in, stay positive, and we the people can get this train back on the tracks.

• Like 1

People people people...leaving is not the answer. That accomplishes nothing. And like it or not' date=' the forum will live on without you....it just won't be as good! Leaving is admitting defeat! Dig in, stay positive, and we the people can get this train back on the tracks.[/quote']

I am glad you have a plan, What is it?

You seem to love putting words in other peoples mouths. Feel free to take your foot out of yours.

I think people need to just stop posting negativity.

MrBret/GoldenBasket - Killer frags! If you guys didn't hate me, I'd be tempted to snag some of those! You know, if they weren't all juiced up in the pics. :) *poke* (completely joking). Good luck with the sale.

My plan is to keep posting. I love this hobby, love the animals we care for...

I know there is a massive need for experienced reefers to help the new people. The forum is where new people come for help. I want to help. That's all

You seem to love putting words in other peoples mouths. Feel free to take your foot out of yours.

I think people need to just stop posting negativity.

MrBret/GoldenBasket - Killer frags! If you guys didn't hate me, I'd be tempted to snag some of those! You know, if they weren't all juiced up in the pics. :) *poke* (completely joking). Good luck with the sale.

Hate you?...Never...the word hate is never in my vocab

Yes we have heated debate in the past and I left that in the forum and never hold grudges.

Number one rule in sales, all people are potential buyer.

Don't hate/mad but take their money...lol

You are always welcome to buy online or come check out my place.

• Like 2

Hate you?...Never...the word hate is never in my vocab

Yes we have heated debate in the past and I left that in the forum and never hold grudges.

Number one rule in sales, all people are potential buyer.

Don't hate/mad but take their money...lol

You are always welcome to buy online or come check out my place.

Micah you should definitely check out his place it is amazing! Honestly I think we all would get along! I mean heck Rudy and I put up with Reefnjunkie!DOH!(laugh)

Believe it or not Micah I did not want you to step down as admin. I just wanted you to listen to the feedback and take it to heart!

Perhaps we should make Golden Basket a thunderdome type situation? ;)

• Like 1