Thomas' 60 gallon cube =)

Derbird

Alright lets try this thread again :cool:

I finally got off my lazy butt and started working on my cube again. I am replacing my 29 gallon BioCube with a marineland rimless 60 gallon cube (clap) It is time to upgrade. The BioCubes make great fresh tanks but I have found it near impossible to find good quality equipment that will work for them........... Like all reefers, when a tank doesn't work out....... Upgrade (laugh)

Here is the equipment list.

60 gallon cube with overflow and stand

Kessil A360

Mag 7 return

Vertex 130 skimmer

DJ power strip

BRS deluxe reactor

Hydor ATO

I also have 100lbs of dry rock and 40lbs of sand (too much I know)

But enough of the typing here are a few photo's from when I first picked it up

IMG_20131216_033656_335_zpsd3cb32fb.jpg

IMG_20140429_021841_142_zps68889cca.jpg

IMG_20140523_154543_465_zps9cdf4648.jpg

IMG_20140523_154415_748_zps0bea5530.jpg

As it sits tonight.

IMG_20140930_014806_270_zps4d481017.jpg

Pardon the closet and dog reflection DOH!

Sweet bud looking good nice list of equipment. That skimmer looks like she just fits in that sump lol.

Just is right. It took me a few tries to get it at the perfect angle to fit, but it did :)

Very nice upgrade' date=' good stuff in there. Lets see some water in that sucker![/quote']

Hopefully next week (dancing) Just have to move every piece of furniture in the house to make it fit DOH!

Good work! That is a really sweet skimmer you got there. Have you played around with your aquascape at all? Keep the pictures rolling!

A little, but I still have no idea what its going to look like. With 100lbs of dry rock the possibilities are endless. A blessing and a curse.

I like the white cabinet...hide all that nasty salt marks. I fully agree' date=' space problems suck for that size cube...though that skimmer should take care of most of your problems:)[/quote']

I really hope so, I have yet to find a negative review for a Vertex.

(cussing)

Looking nice man. Skimmer looks sweet.

Thank you :)

Schweeet-another SPS tank (whistle)

Nice stuff Thomas

Only if I can keep those little (censored) things alive (cussing) I have killed almost all the "beginner" SPS so far :(

Oh I forgot I also have a Bubblemagnus T101 doser. Maybe this SPS thing will work after all :)

Today a little more progress has been done

I installed the bracket for the BM101 and a LED light for inside the stand

IMG_20141005_220456_181_zpse14f95dc.jpg

And my ultra high tech wire management system :cool:

IMG_20141005_220506_038_zps9e8aea35.jpg

I thought the tea cup hooks were pretty clever :o But they will do the job just fine :)

I would have done more but (censored) ace hardware won't cut anything anymore. I need a 23" shelf so I guess I have to wait for the lumberyard to open tomorrow pout.gif

Look at you Mr. Anti Technology rocking a peristaltic pump auto doser. NICE! Although this does mean you've been spending way to much time with Micah LOL

Dosers make life a lot easier, I still haven't set mine up since my move. I was going to wait for the new tank to be delivered and it is slowwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. I think when you get the hang of it you will be pretty stoked on them. I have 3 as well (different units) and use two for 2 part and one for vodka. I dose the Brightwell 2 part so I don't add the Mg.

Keep it up

For me the build is the best part, after that its all sort of boring-maintaining corals yippee.

Tea eat cup hooks and zip ties have always been a "tool" on my builds :) I've used the wire loom when I had a bunch wires running the same direction, that gives it a clean look

Looking great so far Thomas, nice job

Look at you Mr. Anti Technology rocking a peristaltic pump auto doser. NICE! Although this does mean you've been spending way to much time with Micah LOL

Dosers make life a lot easier, I still haven't set mine up since my move. I was going to wait for the new tank to be delivered and it is slowwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. I think when you get the hang of it you will be pretty stoked on them. I have 3 as well (different units) and use two for 2 part and one for vodka. I dose the Brightwell 2 part so I don't add the Mg.

Keep it up

Anti tech, a little but I'm defiantly pro toys LOL A small conflict that I have to deal with

Glad to hear these pumps do the job. I know I won't really need it until the tank starts to mature but easier to install it now then wait until the tank is up and running.

Nice doser there bud ! I like the cheap and simple fix to organize your wires. =)

Thanks, I am not too fond of the rats nest behind the other tanks. Just trying to get ahead of it :)

For me the build is the best part, after that its all sort of boring-maintaining corals yippee.

Tea eat cup hooks and zip ties have always been a "tool" on my builds :) I've used the wire loom when I had a bunch wires running the same direction, that gives it a clean look

Looking great so far Thomas, nice job

Thank you, I also love the build part of a tank. My problem with the others is I went cheap on the equipment and lost interest and became frustrated as things eventually broke or just didn't do the job. I'm hoping that starting with good equipment can help keep the love for the cube going.

Nice tank Thomas.

But after the weekend I had I would leak test the (cussing)(cussing) out of that tank and take a flashlight to the seams make sure there perfect.

lol you have had a bad run :( After your thread I did look at my seams again. They look better then the other two glass tanks I have running. I don't have a safe place to test it so carpet here we come (scary)

Looking good! If you stumble across some velcro tape' date=' it comes highly recommended.[/quote']

Thank you :) Velcro tape is great, but bread ties are free LOL. No good idea on the tape. I'll have to look in to that.

Looking good Thomas! You have all the right equipment too. Are you gonna run a chiller too? I lost a bunch of sps when the soana got too hot one summer.

Grow some sps and then when you have preoved you can do it, go back to zoas. They don't need all that dosing! :)

I hadn't even thought of a chiller DOH! yet another thing to add.......... this spring (whistle)

I would love to be able to keep a few sticks. I'm hoping this time it works. But you know my heart will be with the Zoanthids (flower)

Well I would wish this outcome on no one I wish you the best and I'm sure your tank will work out great I love my 60g cube I justs keep wanting bigger lol

So far I love this size tank. A year down the road well see if the 93 comes calling (laugh)