72 gallonbowfront build

scubasteve

That turned out really good! I will be taking notes from this for future builds. Does the floating canopy have the ability to be raised and lowered for maintenance and light acclimation? The attention to detail is excellent on this build. Looking forward to seeing this progress going forward =)

Thanks Jeramy! I'm pretty happy with it so far! Its been up and running just over a month now and corals are cororing up and have allready seen good growth!

The canopy can be raised and lowered yes.

I picked up a coral life hanging kit, came with brackets that were perfect width to bolt rite onto the aluminum channel i mounted the lights to..

They have a tensioner release for fine height adj. At the bottom bracket. So i can just lift up on the hood and pull the wires down and raise it up...

Gorgeous! I have the same tank and always wondered what it would look like if I did it proper... This is bet inspiring. Beautiful hood and it have serious sump envy. Great idea to take the center brace out and replace it with a removable one. Odd shape and space to work with.

Thanks Pete! I have seen your post of your tank as well and it looks great!

Thats the one downside to the bowfronts.. I wanted as big of a sump as i could get in the stand, and the only easy way to get a 34" sump in was to remove a center brace... so out it went!

• 3 weeks later...

Some new pics, these are touch bit better.. i was dinking around with my phone and with the white balance set to cloudy it cuts alot of the led blue glare out... not as good as a real camera tho...

CAM01445_zps7b6ff700.jpg

CAM01430_zpsfc321d40.jpg

New addition looking good

CAM01428_zpsa4c7260f.jpg

Cali tort

CAM01433_zpsae80793b.jpg

Oregon tort coloring nack up nicely after the move

CAM01442_zps22f0dc56.jpg

CAM01438_zpse4b2c89b.jpg

• 7 months later...