72 gallonbowfront build

scubasteve

Well since the hacker jackwagons wiped out the original thread i guess i will re post it..

Started with a standard reef ready 72 gal. Bowfront.

Cut out the factory overflow, and plugged the overflow and return holes.

Drilled new overflow and returns on the back, 2 - 1" returns and 2-1 1/2" overflow holes...

CAM01093_zps33626901.jpg

CAM01097_zps344f43a7.jpg

Then painted back black..

Then took the factory stand and did a few mods... cut out the rear center brace and added a larger split rear brace that is removable and pocket screwed in. Added a shelf for the jeabo wp converter box on one end and another shelf on the other for a dosing pump.

Also added a drop shelf for a DJ power strip at the top, and a cross brace to mount an ATC temp controller.

CAM00436_zps555e83aa.jpg

Also reinforced the bottom with 3/4" ply ...

Then sealed all joints, and painted with three coats of epoxy paint to seal it.

Then painted the inside cherry red, and the outside black.

CAM00457_zpsa0176e5a.jpg

CAM00456_zps75aef30d.jpg

Have most of the equipment mounted up here.. sump with sca-302 skimer, fuge light, jabeo dc 6000 return pump, nts-01 doser, 2-brs deluxe media reactors on a cobalt 1200 pump with valve, the jabeo twins controller with a wp-10 & 25, and a hydor smart level ato connected to a cobalt 400 pump. Still a cple more pieces to add..

CAM00467_zps73cab96c.jpg

CAM00473_zps79b9d5be.jpg

Then started fabricating the overflow. Took the ghost style for my patern, with a slim internal overflow bulkheaded to an exteral return with a bean animal. Used 1" sch. 40 with gate vales. Connected to flex hose that terminated in the sump to cpr sock it tubes for adjustable depth on the pipes.

CAM01094_zps1544c0c3.jpg

CAM01095_zpsf90e4461.jpg

CAM01096_zps48bc3573.jpg

Love all the details on the stand' date=' like the shelves for the DJ and doser. Very nice! Stupidly I filled my tank with water before doing finish work, my poor stand sits half finished today! This is inspiring to get back to it.[/quote']

Thanks!! Thats usually how mine end up too but i actually had worked on this all spring and wasn't in the usual throw it together hurry..