Golden Basket Reef

Re_Run

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its amazing what photography can do, especially with a macro lens

And some photoshop...I have seen so many coral pics artificially enhanced. And it's irritating when you have owned a similar specimen so you know what it is supposed to look like. But I digress.

The unknowns with zoas, the quick growth and spread, the color variations the ease of care, these factors always keep me interested in them. And most of the zoas I have owned have done well and proliferated.

It's just some of them melt away. And when it happens it just plain sucks, especially if you already know to look for zoa spiders and other parasites, your water is as perfect as you can possibly have it - temp, trace elements, flow. And you know they are getting the perfect amount of light. Though one time I did have a massive amphipod population explosion and they were eating my zoas. I am not kidding. They were so prolific the sand bed in my tank appeared to be moving. Then there was a massive die-off and my sand bed became a reeking bed of death for eveything in there...

Anyway...Golden Basket rules.

I personally have watched the photography for gb and rudy has the truest representation in his photos! No major saturation of color and I have seen him use a macro lens once. Photos are taken with a G12 & a underwater case.

Agreed, my post was in general and not towards Rudy, maybe sexy corals- OK Sexy Corals for sure (nono)

You should see what I can do with a macro (clap)

Got my new corals in THEY ARE ABSOLUtY OUTSTANDING far exceeded my expectaions. In size, heath and color. Some of them I have see go for douddle the $$ even tripple.. Lets just say I will be buying more from there in the future. They opened right up good PE, and the colors were spot on with the photos if not better. Thanks Rudy.

Some Ballers on tonight. Crazy prices for the yoda's and red hornets.

What did the Yodas and hornets go for?

Yeah it's crazy. I picked up a piece with like 20 darth maul's for $34 and tonight I noticed a 4 polyp frag up over $45. I guess timing is everything.

It definitely can. Some people will go crazy with the bidding and sometimes you can get a good eal.