What do you add????

Frank

I know this has been posted before but would like to an updated list…

Wanted to know what additives people are using. So please tell what kinda of tank, what size, what additives and how much and what have you seen from adding them. If you can think of anything else to add speak up…

So for me

SPS, Zoo’s some LPS

300 gallon

Adding Kent Marine Coral Vite and Kent Marine Essential Elements

Still working on how much to does

Not really sure what it I have seen it add to the tank.

29 gallon biocube

I add water...(laugh)

As long as I change the water every 3 weeks or so everything is happy in the tank. With only 3 fish in the tank I have a lot less maintenance with this tank over any other I've had in the past. Water changes consist of about 8-10 gallons

180 gallon & 60 ( working on the frag tank ) i add coral vit and potasium once a week, elos amino's (1 drop per 10 gallons, daily) oyster feast every other day and a sprinkle of phylo feast every 3 or so days. I also pay the puffer to process silver sides into good coral food, lol. I definatly notice the blues more with the potasium.

At Brett's advice (after seeing his spectacular tanks!), I started dosing Kent Coral-Vite and Brightwell Potassion a little over a month ago, and Salifert Coraline Amino Acid about 2 months ago. Dosing per beginners instruction. My SPS growth and expansion has been exponential over the last month. I'm also only 2 months into Radium MH switchover from OIAB led's. I think the Coral-Vite might be the key here because I've tried the elos aminos and pro skimmer in the past and didn't really notice anything. Who knows though; this all seems to be a big crapshoot with high an low points for all of us along the way. I can only dream of keeping up the success of the last month long term.

At Brett's advice (after seeing his spectacular tanks!)' date=' I started dosing Kent Coral-Vite and Brightwell Potassion a little over a month ago, and Salifert Coraline Amino Acid about 2 months ago. Dosing per beginners instruction. My SPS growth and expansion has been exponential over the last month. I'm also only 2 months into Radium MH switchover from OIAB led's. I think the Coral-Vite might be the key here because I've tried the elos aminos and pro skimmer in the past and didn't really notice anything. Who knows though; this all seems to be a big crapshoot with high an low points for all of us along the way. I can only dream of keeping up the success of the last month long term.[/quote']

Ahhh hah I see you are gunning for that SPS goc prize!(nono)(laugh) Beth and started dosing again with the elos amino acids and the proskimmer but we are only doing this once a week. You do get good polyp extension. We felt like when we used it daily we were having some issues with our sps as we could not meet up with the nutritients required to keep up with the growth. I know Tim swore by the coralvite and he did have great color of his sps. We also add iodine as it seems to help with the zoas and then target feed with a mixture of things once a week.

coralvite is one that seem to get used a lot I know upscales loves it as well as tim did.... I was doing the elos amino acids and the proskimmer just not sure what I was getting from it. Kind of why I started the post wanted to see if there was ones that everyone used and had seen results from.

Roughly 550 or so gallon

Mainly SPS with a splash of LPS also zoas in a plumbed frag tank

Coral vite -55ml once a week

Strontium/molybdenum 55ml twice a week

lugols iodine-20 drops weekly

home brewed phyto 16 ounces evry other day or when I can remember to

Oysterfeast 25 ml every other day or also remember to

Elos Aminos and Pro Skimmer 2ml every other day or the mopemory thing here too

The only thing I am consistant on is the first 3, the rest get done about half the time they should and I know when I am out of the AA and Proskimmer I wont replace them, I know they help but my corals looked great before I tried them-I just wanted them to grow faster.

I cant get a bigger tank so rate of growth is no longer a concern.

I also bought enough Potassium awhile back to dose for about 18 months, ai just have not got around to adding it. In addition to that I have been using a coral growth accelerator made by these guys;

http://www.quantummarinelabs.com/

Its been a few weeks and I am not sure if I have noticed much of a difference.

Lastly I do a 55 gallon water change about once a month or when I start feeling guilty. my Nitartes are zero and at time my phosphates will hit .20 if I get lazy and dont swap out the Rowaphos (soon to be BRS Rox) but I ran across this years ago found the levels of phosphate found on average (according to this chart) interesting.

http://www.liveaquaria.com/PIC/article.cfm?aid=89

Well there is my short answer-typed from my IcrapPad so please excuse the errors