Feeding sunburst anthias - what to try?

impur

I bought a sunburst anthia from Sean 11 days ago. The fish was eating tiger pods for Sean in his shop. But i cannot get the fish to eat for the life of me. I know i only have another day or so until it dies. It seems to be scared of food. As soon as the food hits the water it bolts under the rocks. I don't understand it. Foods i've tried

Frozen foods:

cyclopeeze

tiger pods

mysis

brine

bloodworms

plankton

krill

daphne

emerald entree

flake food

selcon

shrimp

oysters

squid

clams

mussels

salmon

rock fish

crab

scallops

chicken

beef

I think i've actually spent more on foods than i did on the fish, which really sucks cuz this is the most i've ever paid for a fish. I'm hatching brine tonight so if the fish isn't dead tomorrow i'll see if that works.

Does anyone have any other ideas i could try?

I have had a Sunburst for 2 weeks. Mine wouldn't eat frozen either.

What it WOULD eat was live brine. Have you tried live brine? I think it's worth a shot to try baby brine though. Try to get some live brine too.

I got my sunburst eating frozen after a few days. I unthawed some of SWF's(saltwater fanta-seas) Gumbo, and the gumdrops, and mixed in some live brine(less each feeding) and after 3 feedings, he is now weaned off of live.

This is one of my favorite fish.

Hopefully he's eating some of the critters in your tank.

I put a vote in for live brine, too!

That's the only thing my Rainford's Gobi would eat at first. I mixed in frozen brine and he started eating that and now also frozen mysis shrimp.

At first he would spit out anything that wasn't live, but after two weeks he decided the other stuff was edible, too.

I hope your sunburst makes it! Saw one of them at Sean's. They are beautiful fish!

Well i chopped up a clove of garlic, put it in the garlic press and made it into a paste. Then i let it soak in some tank water for an hour or so, strained the garlic pieces out, and thawed some frozen food in the water for another hour. Wouldn't touch any of it.

I also tried some live baby brine. The fish, as usual, darted under the rocks when the brine hit the water. I shot it down to the bottom of the rocks, but the fish just lays there on the sand while the baby brine shrimps just dance around its face and mouth.

Oh well i guess. :(