Feeding sunburst anthias - what to try?

impur

Thanks Joel, i sure hope so!

Brandon yah last couple nights and mornings i tried feeding with the lights completely off. Everytime i feed i walk by the tank to the side where coralline has covered the side of the tank. I dump the food in from that side and i'm certain they can't see me. But as soon as the food touches the water, ZOOM the fish goes under the rocks. Its wierd, my other 4 fish all come out from their spots to find food, while this fish goes into hiding to get away from food. (laugh)

Thanks Joel, i sure hope so!

Brandon yah last couple nights and mornings i tried feeding with the lights completely off. Everytime i feed i walk by the tank to the side where coralline has covered the side of the tank. I dump the food in from that side and i'm certain they can't see me. But as soon as the food touches the water, ZOOM the fish goes under the rocks. Its wierd, my other 4 fish all come out from their spots to find food, while this fish goes into hiding to get away from food. (laugh)

Dumb fish... could you possibly have any bullys in your tank...that might be scaring him from feeding?

But hopefully it is like Joel said, that he may be finding enough food on his own...

wow, what a skittish fish....reminds me of my pacu. Lights on and he freaks out.

I guess what you have to do now is dress up like a fish when you approach the tank. Don't forget your matching fish eye goggles. Fish notice minor details like that. LOL.

lol i guess i'll break out the nemo costume :p

The tang attacks him from time to time, but only when the anthia tries to go down into the sailfins cave area. The fish is getting skinny. I donno, semi-thin. I'll try to get pics and show you.

I just got back from trying to feed it again. I put a bunch of the live brine in the tank. It actually just sat there looking at it while all the other fish went crazy. Then i tried some seafood soaked in garlic and it bolted under the rocks.

• 3 months later...