FTS Thread...

ReefSafari

Another idea I have had, is to do a thread of just Full Tank Shots...we have such a diverse group of people here, from all over the PNW, and many times we don't get to see what some peoples tanks look like, I thought it would be cool to do a thread with simply just a picture of what your tank currently looks like (Full Tank Shot) and you can update your picture as things get changed or added, ect..ect..

Another idea would be to instead of doing a "Picture of the Month" do a "Tank of the Month" where someone is chosen to have thier FTS displayed where the Picture of the month is displayed and maybe a breif description of thier equipment and livestock, ect.ect...Something different that I don't know if we have done before....I don't know if we are still doing the Picture of the Month, but it would be cool to see members full tank shots and maybe donations to the winner? I would be willing to donate something to get this going...Just an idea...I know there are lots of members I kinda know, but have no idea what thier tanks look like....It would be cool to see a thread where everyones full tank shots where posted...and to do a drawing maybe out of a hat or something to showcase thier tank on the main page, Like a Tank of the Month...any feedback? good idea, bad idea, quit posting and get back to work?...lets hear some thoughts..

2012-02-12194219.jpg

2012-02-12194241.jpg

Can't find pictures of the first tank as of now but will post them up later when I track them down. Sad that this is all in about 2 years...(whistle) And now have a 29 biocube again. Also had a 10 gallon lobster/puffer tank, 45 gallon frag tank, 27 gallon cube frag tank.. and so on..and so on...

My second 75 gallon tank

2011-01-09123157.jpg

Grace's 12 gallon nano cube

Picture194.jpg

Andrew's 29 biocube when it was setup

DSC_0321-1.jpg

Picture of my 120 when it was setup

DSC_0118.jpg

Picture of the 240 gallon when it was setup (sad)

DSC_0042-5.jpg

Great thread idea David

Here's the first reef in our early coral crack years!(laugh)

DSC05969ARW.jpg

Then we decied one 150 gallon tank was not enough and decided to give the colored sticks a try!(laugh)

DSC07731ARW.jpg

DSC09666ARW.jpg

Then we got bored with the colored sticks and now as the Clown Anemone Tank!(clap)(clap)

DSC00246.jpg

The Craziness

Well 1st the 24 gallon nano-that last 2 months

P1070041.jpg

then and 80 gallon acrylic that last 6 weeks (it was a used acrylic tank to many scratches so I went to the 75 glass)

FTS12-3-2010.jpg

then the 150 temp tank while the 400 was being born

IMG_3171.jpg

now the 400 (work in progress-DOH!)

FYS1-27-12.jpg

No your not it looks fine having rock walls is in the past now people shoot for a more natural look. Look at the link I posted and you will understand what I mean.

Were you referring to my pic? If so, I'm way ahead of you on the minimalist thing. :)

This is the final setup, with about 8" open behind the rocks, and 12" in front of them. I'm leaving plenty of room for flow and growth.

By "just getting started", I meant that there are not a lot of corals or growth as yet.

Archived