The Clown Anemone Tank Project! We found Nemo!

Emerald525

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

New additions!

We were on the great anemone hunt today to help with the overcrowding!(clap)(clap)

We got some really sweet nems from Mr. S and Garrett today!(drooler)(drooler)The one in front is from Roger. The 2 in back are from the Premium Aquarium, we got the smaller ones from Roger too

DSC00074.jpg

DSC00070.jpg

You can see all the clownfish crowded into one anemone. Hopefully they will spread out into the new ones and hopefully the anemones will stay put but anemones have a mind of their own

DSC00089-1.jpg

Close up of one from Garrett! Mr. S is awesome with removing anemones from rocks! I was impressed! He is the anemone whisperer!(clap)(clap)

DSC00085.jpg

We almost left this gem behind from Garrett! We had to have it!

DSC00086.jpg

Closeup one from Roger!

DSC00087.jpg

DSC00101.jpg

Thanks again Premium Aquarium and Mr. S!(rock2)(rock2)(rock2)

A solution to overcrowding?

Well just as I was posting the last picture, Beth calls me over and it looks like the clownfish have already found the new anemones!(clap)

DSC00104.jpg

DSC00106.jpg

The Platinum clown is definitely the most dominant and can't decide which anemone she wants but doesn't want anyone else to have one until she chooses...(wife)(laugh)

DSC00108.jpg

DSC00109.jpg

Here she's trying to get the black and white clownfish to move

DSC00111.jpg

DSC00112.jpg

And back to the other one. Can't make up her mind! (laugh)

DSC00114.jpg

Random unrelated picture warning. Milo was just too cute!

DSC00119.jpg

I'm hoping they will spread out more. Looking good so far!

DSC00127.jpg

DSC00128.jpg

Beautiful nems ladies:-) makin me jealous!!!! If the monstrous green with purple tip bubble nem I've got splits ( from g mang as well) ever splits I may have to trade for one of your red beauties:-) Although I've heard, but could be misinformed that the green ones don't split like the reds do?

Although I've heard' date=' but could be misinformed that the green ones don't split like the reds do?[/quote']

Does anyone else know about this? Just curious because I've been collecting all kinds of nems too and haven't seen my GBTA's split, but the red ones split every month.

My Green one spit like mad' date=' I had it for years and had 5-6-7 at a time while giving them away almost monthly, had a really high nutrient tank though(dirty) which they love[/quote']

Good to know!! Although in my lil cube I dunno how dirty I can get it, without reeking havoc on the whole system:-( I sooooo need to upgrade soon:-) I wanna play with the big boys and girls too! :-)

That's going to be quite the tank!' date=' really looks good. However, picture #4, sorry but that is one ugly clown fish!! (8:25 pm Post)[/quote']

LMAO are you talking about the platinum clown Steve? I agree they are an acquired taste

I really like this tank Kim and Beth!! It will look awesome when its full of anenomes!!

Yeah I can't wait either. Hopefully we won't change our minds again before that happens!

Beautiful nems ladies:-) makin me jealous!!!! If the monstrous green with purple tip bubble nem I've got splits ( from g mang as well) ever splits I may have to trade for one of your red beauties:-) Although I've heard' date=' but could be misinformed that the green ones don't split like the reds do?[/quote']

Sure thing David, I would like to add a few more greens! The one we have in there just hides under a rock.

Nice Ladies-My wife is SO jealous-

I knew I should have never shown her this thread, now is is dogging my "stupid stick tank"

(laugh)

rofl Your wife has good taste! You can only look at sticks for just so long! ;)

Thanks for taking all those great pictures Kim!!!(rock2)

I love the tank, I can just stand there watching the clowns snuggle in their nems.... makes me smile every time!!!:D

Guess this is more reason for everyone to come to the meeting in 2 weeks!! Check out the stick tank conversion to nems and clowns!!(clap)(clap)

Week 3

As you can see I have other anemones. The purple LBTA can't make up it's mind where it wants to be and repeatedly roams around. The clowns have shown no interest in hosting this but I didn't expect they would. You can also see next to it one of the many maxi-minis we have.

DSC00130.jpg

DSC00131.jpg

One of the new anemones actually attached to a rock we wanted it too!(clap) The black and white clowns have shown an interest in this one.

DSC00138.jpg

The platinum still tries to bully the other clownfish from their nems but the black and white and orange and white ones are holding their ground. I'm calling her Bruiser now because she is the most aggressive one in the tank and is not happy with sharing the anemones!

DSC00176.jpg

DSC00169.jpg

DSC00160.jpg

DSC00151.jpg

You can also see that the other fish in the tank are really not that interested in the clownfish or venturing too close to their anemones.

DSC00147.jpg

The Picassos have paired off since the second day and are staying in the first anemone they hosted. They have not ventured out of this at all. The other platinum stays here too and this is the primary home of Bruiser

DSC00161.jpg

DSC00163.jpg

Great looking tank girls. I want to start one now. lol

My pair of percs are doing fine in the reef tank want mate with the other fish around.

we have a sweet lips thats trying to mate with the percs but she wont have any of that. that would be intresting to see what a perc and sweetlips would turn out.

My gbta have split quite a few times although I do have to think the rbta's split more often. I think the rbta's get angry more easily and then split. If I move a rock or change powerhead flow or direction they seem to split. I also know that when they get the e.s.p. message from me that I am going to frag them they seem to split also! LOL

Great looking tank girls. I want to start one now. lol

My pair of percs are doing fine in the reef tank want mate with the other fish around.

we have a sweet lips thats trying to mate with the percs but she wont have any of that. that would be intresting to see what a perc and sweetlips would turn out.

Thanks Robert. Good to see you posting back on the forum!

My gbta have split quite a few times although I do have to think the rbta's split more often. I think the rbta's get angry more easily and then split. If I move a rock or change powerhead flow or direction they seem to split. I also know that when they get the e.s.p. message from me that I am going to frag them they seem to split also! LOL

Our RBTAs never seem to split that much. Maybe that's because they are well fed and happy. It seems like the main time I had one split is when we moved it into another tank. Try a little esp over here Roger. I want this tank packed full of nems!

Kim & Beth. The tank is looking great. Can't wait to see it in person in a couple of weeks.

Thanks Dave! By the way that old male you gave us ended up pairing up with the true Percula we had in the biocube. They are getting along quite well. I'm glad you can make it to the meeting!

Archived