The Clown Anemone Tank Project! We found Nemo!

Emerald525

Ladies, I love the tank! I bought another cube and I am going to do te same thing at my office.

One thing that would e super freaking awesome in that tank...the grand daddy anemone...heteractis magnifica....drooooool.

Thanks Isaac. That would be an awesome anemone. We shall see.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More pictures

I was curious how the dynamics would change if I removed Bruiser. So we put her in the sump with her own anemone. I was only going to keep her there for a day or two but she looks so happy just having her own anemone! :) I might just leave her there

DSC00188.jpg

DSC00190.jpg

DSC00190.jpg

Beth rigged up some VHO lights on a timer to make sure the anemone had enough lighthing. Bruiser seems more happy and content and just hangs out in her own personal anemone so I may just let her stay here! :)

DSC00202.jpg

Now it looks like one of the black and whites is showing a little more dominance but nothing like Bruiser

DSC00205.jpg

DSC00210.jpg

Just for kicks I thought I would show the false and true percula that are getting along swimmingly in the biocube! They said it wouldn't last :) Sorry the picture is not great. I don't usually clean the glass on this tank much as it's hidden in the laundry room! (laugh)

DSC00221.jpg

DSC00222.jpg

Love the new tank set-up! Those clowns are cute! How many anemone varieties do you have in there now?

G

Hey Gills thanks! Clowns are pretty cute. We have mostly RBTAs, we have one green bubble tip that likes to hide in the rock work, several maxi minis and a green lbta and purple lbta.

Looks like you posted twice Gillian but added more..:). No the anemones are not staying put. They have a mind of their own but that's why we took out most of the sps so we don't have to worry. The one that moves around the most is the purple lbta. Even the maxi minis like to hide under a rock or in the back sometimes which is annoying. :)

Love the setup with all the different clowns in the tank.

What's the best way to get a hold of Dave about prices and buying some clowns?

Dave will be going to the meeting at my house next Saturday the 21st. You can send him a pm. He is very busy and slow to get to them but be patient as it is worth it.

Awesome Kim! I can't believe you would put the PLATINUM in the SUMP!!!...lol Thats awesome! What Anemone tank would be complete with a Platinum Clown and RBTA in the Sump' date=' now that is a dedicated Anemone System...lol[/quote']

LOL, it was just an impulse thing. They are so freakin easy to catch because they just "hide in the anemone" I was just curious and she seems so happy in there! I might see if Dave can get me another little platinum Juvie

That's how Kim and Beth roll! ;)

(laugh) Yeah sometimes the aggressive ones need a time out in the sump! :)

New additions!

Scored some more Maxi minis yesterday for the tank!I'm keeping them in the Maxi-Mini motel for now(clap)(clap)

DSC00231.jpg

This is my favorite the Rainbow(drooler). It escaped from the hotel but I put it back!

DSC00234.jpg

DSC00237.jpg

The anemone moved again but the Picasso Platinum trio follow it wherever it goes. They don't let anyone else near this one

DSC00240.jpg

DSC00243.jpg

This RBTA is on the move again and this little black and white juvi is lucky enough to have this all to himself! I don't think it will last!

DSC00244.jpg

Here's a FTS to give you an idea of where the anemones have moved to!

DSC00246-1.jpg

LOL don't be Blake. Between Beth and I keeping an eye out we just move them when an anemone comes near!

That is good to hear. I guess moving them is really easy since they are on the disks :). In my tank the nems have wiped out every thing they have come in contact with, the only exception being my blue ridge coral which appears to be completely immune to their sting?

That is good to hear. I guess moving them is really easy since they are on the disks :). In my tank the nems have wiped out every thing they have come in contact with' date=' the only exception being my blue ridge coral which appears to be completely immune to their sting?[/quote']

Yeah we pretty much sold everything that was glued down and hard to move as we expected the anemones would move.

Nice score on the maxis ladies!!! That rainbow is bright!!!

Thanks David. I think Beth is considering fragging them all so perhaps some trading is in the future! :)

Oh give me a home where the anemones roam

The anemones are still roaming around. The clowns are settling in nicely:

DSC00290.jpg

I really like the spot this one found and how big this one is!(clap)(clap)

DSC00293.jpg

DSC00295.jpg

The Picasso/Platinum trio who I call the Socs(prounounced Soshiz, think Outsiders not footwear ;) ) lost their prized anemone as it decided to move into the rocks...(sad) But they decided to host the purple LTA!(clap)(clap)

DSC00297.jpg

DSC00310.jpg

New purchase from Rose City

looks awesome. Do anemones eventually settle down and stick to one spot for a while or are they always roaming around?

They can. Some people are lucky and never have their anemones move at all. We just have never had that luck.

I stopped by to see Nick at Rosecity today. He's got some nice stuff in right now. I wasn't planning on buying anything but I saw this LOBO and had to have it (drooler)

DSC00313.jpg

DSC00313.jpg

Clownfish are funny' date=' by the mid part of the week most of them were trying to cram into one anemone. After some jostling over territory some of them moved into a different anemone[/size']

DSC00649ARW.jpg

DSC00740ARW.jpg

DSC00749ARW.jpg

As you can see this anemone was starting to get a little crowded too!

DSC00742ARW.jpg

DSC00750ARW.jpg

Very cool!! They are some of the neatest fish out there with the personality they have.