Seamax pics?

jonas

Yes it was fun! The best part was scoring some really good deals at the end :)!

Vendors kept handing us stuff to for the clubs and we got some potential new sponsors!

That's awesome new sponsors ( maybe )and deal can't beat that

Saturday seemed busy. As it turned out Kevin did not need me to volunteer Sunday (well, he needed breakdown help, but when you get up for work at 2:30am it's impossible to leave Seattle around midnight) So when I ran in Sunday to grab a clam that Barrier Reef was holding for me, they said attendance was about 1/3 of what it was Saturday. I'm sure the first nice weekend in awhile did not help for the ones who were on the fence as far as going or not. Hopefully the vendors did well enough to want to return next year.

Beth and I too were enjoying the nice weather and got there around 2pm. Attendance was not as good Sunday as the weather was awesome. I also think the 25 dollar per day fee was a lot and they may have done better offering a 2 day discount.

There was pretty good representation from the pnwmas as I saw Mick (JGF), Micah (cellowgills), Marshall(trautman), Kris, Roy, Jim (gumby), smann, kshack. Missed seeing u there rgrcrain and racefan.

Also Tim was sharing a booth with sunlight supply(Joel) and Taylor (pnkrcklves) was helping him.

Nick from rosecity showed up too.

I had fun handed out alot of cards to potential members. Also scored some good deals on corals. I agree with Beth about the cost. I also think maybe having a family or couple rate. Not all family members are hobbyist so you pay $50 to $75 and maybe only one family member is interested the others probably could care less about the hobby. Beside that it was fun to meet alot of new people. I would love to hook up with some of the other clubs when they have some of the big frag swaps.

The price was a little high, but im pretty sure the deals I got made up for it. It was kind of a pain to drive 2-1/2 hours and find out in the last mile that the exit to get there was closed.

Here is the Australomussa I picked up, should the mouth being wide open like that worry me?

_DSC0469.jpg

I have mixed emotion about the show. The price was a bit high with the number of vendors. Not many good deals on dry goods but did managed to pick up some nice corals. The banners were not all that visible when driving by. Look hard is all I can say. I was expecting a nice big bright sign and people outside, but neither happened. Thanks to Tim for setting me straight. :) Also picked up some nice corals from him. Thanks Tim!

But going Sunday was the best. I'm glad I missed the crowd. Easier to talk to the manufacturer reps. And my kids were able to run around on their own.

I say, next year, have them bring it down to Portland. I have never gone through so many detours.

Hey guys. I got to see several friends I haven't seen for years' date=' and made new ones. I worked my butt off for you all getting new sponsors and donations! Overall we did sell to many corals, but I made a ton of new contacts[/quote']

Thanks for the work Roy!

I think it was a great time. Me and the wife enjoyed the spontaneous road trip to Seattle, other than all the detours. Loaded up on some swag and found some cool ideas for the next tank. Wish it is in PDX next time but Seattle is such a beautiful city I didnt mind making the trip for this one. Though I did have to stop by OIAB on the way home as I had a couple bucks still burning a hole in my pocket. (naughty)

I got 2 yellow tangs and 5 chromis out of the touch tank. Unfortunately, i didn't realize that the bag had a small leak and it emptied in the cooler. I lost all but one(sad). So far the Tangs look good but i've still got 5 hours of driving ahead and they're in a single bag each. I think I'm going to stop at OIAB to get them double bagged.

• 2 weeks later...

Here is a link to our SEA-MAX 2011 Album (so far only 35 photos, but many more to be loaded soon)

http://s261.photobucket.com/albums/ii46/reefmeister2/SEAMAX%202011/?albumview=slideshow

Just for comparison, here is a link to our MAX 2011 Album from earlier this year:

http://s261.photobucket.com/albums/ii46/reefmeister2/MAX%202011%20Photos/?albumview=slideshow

I fully encourage anybody wanting to experience a larger expo come and see our main Marine Aquarium Expo here in SoCal March 30-April 1, 2011

It is even cheaper at $15 per adult and only $89 per night hotel rates (everything withing two miles of John Wayne (SNA) airport) so easy traveling.

Kevin

Archived