Jose's cube build

Hozer21

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Looking great! Only 2 trips to home depot? I impressed!!

Very nice job! Is it full now??? Lol

yeah I know only 2 trips. I made a list so I wouldn't forget things the first time and guess what I did forget thing lol & it 90% full ..... With h20. Lol

So here is an update on the tank. I have put 20 gallons of fresh ro/di water in the tank and I have done a 25 gallon water change in my 90 gallon and have put it in the cube as well I figured it could hurt anything if I did it that way. I will post some pics later and yes I have put salt , pump , & heater in the cube to keep the water moving around and nice and warm so when I start to moving my rock and what not in to the new tank it won't be much of a shock. If there is any other things I need to do before I do this please let me know. Ok so I got 60 lbs of new sand to stick in my tank yesterday and a couple nice flat pieces of live rock to put in my tank. Thank you OIAB for the nice deal on these items & for you people that would like to know about the sand it's nice white sand (45 lbs or so & 20 lbs of a all ready seeded sand) I figured that I could use some of my old sand and put some nicer sand mixed in with it.

Nice looking tank from Envision and setup but might want to upgrade the skimmer. FYI, i had a Bubble Max a while back not reliable!

Vin "Keep On Reefing"

Thank you and I will see how the skimmer does , but thanks for your info

ok I have sand and a couple pieces of rock in the tank now and it's 95% full and hopefully friday I will have all my rock in there and then by the end of next week my corals

Don't forget all your rock will take up volume in your tank so I would stop filling for now!!! Put in your rock and top off the tank and sump with water from your old tank...

Don't forget all your rock will take up volume in your tank so I would stop filling for now!!! Put in your rock and top off the tank and sump with water from your old tank...

Yeah I planned to stop filling the tank for that reason and that reason alone but I guess I'll have to do water changes in both tanks lol Well at least for a little longer until my 90 gallon is gone

Ok guys I know it's been while for pics and info so here we go with some pics and info . I have the tank up and running now for the past couple days off and on because the (wife) wasn't liking the sounds of the splashing and of course the dreaded gurgling noise and lets face it who likes that noise anyways . I fix the gurgling noise and now its only a couple miner issue that has to be done so the (wife) is happy and what not but anyways here are some pics of my old tank and how it looks like now

Old tank

IMG_0898.jpg

IMG_0899.jpg

New tank (rock2)(rock2)

IMG_0900.jpg

IMG_0901.jpg

IMG_0902.jpg

the last pic is what I came up with for my landscape .That took a a while to do with crying baby and making dinner and helping little man with school work but I like it and now my wife has ask if I was done working on that [language filter] fish tank so I can get some house work done DOH! i like working on the tank a lot better lol (laugh)

Good luck with the move-I know it was an anxious time for me.

Are you going to move it all at one time or over the course of a few days etc?

If it is over period of time watch your salinty as you take stuff out, I kept track of water I took out but miscalculted the volume for the live rock, my SG dropped to 1.023 which I didnt think was bad but my original strawberry shortcake acro melted over night, and that is what I felt was the cause-it was the only thing "new"

Anyway looking good-Hope all goes well

Rockscape looks good' date=' cant wait to see it with fish and coral!.[/quote']

Thanks & my wife can't either she would like me to be done with this thing all ready (laugh) but when are you done messing with your tank and what not

Good luck with the move-I know it was an anxious time for me.

Are you going to move it all at one time or over the course of a few days etc?

If it is over period of time watch your salinty as you take stuff out, I kept track of water I took out but miscalculted the volume for the live rock, my SG dropped to 1.023 which I didnt think was bad but my original strawberry shortcake acro melted over night, and that is what I felt was the cause-it was the only thing "new"

Anyway looking good-Hope all goes well

Thanks and I hope to move the zoas and the toadstool over first (today) & then the rest on Friday morning as long as everything goes smooth but it never goes the way you would like but we can only hope for the best .

Archived