Jose's cube build

Hozer21

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks good, nice job on the rock work. I've gone thru 4 transfers like this. IME its best to have a bucket with 50/50 water from both tanks, then let the corals rest in there for 30-60min before going into the new tank.

Looks good' date=' nice job on the rock work. I've gone thru 4 transfers like this. IME its best to have a bucket with 50/50 water from both tanks, then let the corals rest in there for 30-60min before going into the new tank.[/quote']

Thanks for the info Miles it really helped me out and good news didn't lose 1 coral in the move . The only corals I lost was because of that darn blue tang (6)DOH! whichi don't have that lovely fish anymore on yeah and my update is everything is moved over now (clap) pics to come later

Here is the from the first day of moving some corals over . I move corals over the course of 3 days and they have done fine(clap)

the first day of moving corals

IMG_0903.jpg

IMG_0907.jpg

IMG_0905.jpg

The second day

IMG_0904.jpg

IMG_0906.jpg

the last and final day

IMG_0910.jpg

IMG_0909.jpg

IMG_0913.jpg

IMG_0911.jpg

IMG_0918.jpg

IMG_0915.jpg

I have moved all my fish over as well . Which are a purple tang , X-mas wrasse , Formosa Wrasse , purple stripe wrasse , Highfin Perchlet (anthias) , Sunburst anthias , Spotted Mandarin & last but not least the hardest fish to get out of my old tank the Midas Blenny & I only will be adding 3 more fish and that will be all for this cube tank . My Wife isn't happy with the fish right now because I don't have my clown fish yet but I have told her they will be in there shortly and the last fish will hopefully be coming here shortly from Ed's reef but we shall wait and see when he can get my lovely other fish in .

nice' date=' looks like everything is happy. did all the rocks work out for you? time for another FTS once everything gets settled in. I really liked the look of that cube.[/quote']

Yeah all the rock worked great & thanks for hooking me up with that small piece of live rock lol & everything you guys have helped me with thanks again u guy are awesome and always like going to your shop .

Great tank in person. Will look awesome when all the chalices and sps grows out. Thanks again for the frags.

Thx man & I can't wait for most of the colors to come back and no prob for the Frags hope they do good & nice meeting as well

• 2 weeks later...

Well I haven't done an update in a while so I though I would :D well I havevstarted to run my phosphate reactor now , carbon & purigen to keep the tank nice a clear (which is working like a charm) & I have added 2 fish ( mc Cosker's flasher wrasse & green mandarin ) which both are doing great (rock2) and my (wife) picked up 2 fish as well DOH! (laugh) ( yellow eye Cole tang & two spot coris wrasse ) which there doing well too. All the corals that where browning out a little in my other tank are doing great in the new tank and the colors are (drooler) awesome . My wife is telling me wow those corals are looking great (laugh)(laugh) ( yeah she doesn't like the hobby at all ) I was in shock as well when the corals changed color and how everything is looking . I will try to post pics here in the next couple days

• 1 month later...

Well I haven't updated in a while just thought I would . We have lost a couple fish (sad) in the past couple weeks thanks to a wrasse(plotting) in my tank . I will have to try to get him out next week. Fish coming up for sale soon lol & I have also lost a couple corals my tri color (sad) ,a milli as well and a check acro frag DOH!. I don't know what went wrong but something did. Everything checked out fine I checked it twice & then took a sample to a Lfs to see what was up and nothing everything is good (nutty) if anyone has any ideas pls let me know . Well anyway I will post pics late on this week

Well I haven't updated in a while just thought I would . We have lost a couple fish (sad) in the past couple weeks thanks to a wrasse(plotting) in my tank . I will have to try to get him out next week. Fish coming up for sale soon lol & I have also lost a couple corals my tri color (sad) ' date='a milli as well and a check acro frag DOH!. I don't know what went wrong but something did. Everything checked out fine I checked it twice & then took a sample to a Lfs to see what was up and nothing everything is good (nutty) if anyone has any ideas pls let me know . Well anyway I will post pics late on this week[/quote']

I would inspect the frags for parasites. Also temperature swings if the tank is getting too hot can cause problems.

that tank is looking wicked! Ok i gotta plan a time to come down in August sometime' date=' maybe host a meeting???? ;)[/quote']

Thanks Roy yeah you can swing by anytime exept the first week of august the fam and I will be in Disney land for my sons 6th birthday & I have to run it by Wendy lol but maybe a meeting sometime

I would inspect the frags for parasites. Also temperature swings if the tank is getting too hot can cause problems.

that's what I wasn't hoping for lol but I was thinking that as well . Well the temp in the tank is right at 78 degrees and as low as 75 degrees at night

What type of wrasse is the pain?

I know I found flat worms on a couple pices in my tank-Not sure where the heck they came from but I had my Purple Nano slowly dying, I took it to Westside and when Tim was dipping it about 15 flatworms came off of it. He said to watch my Millies and my Tricolors as they go for those types more I guess.

I cam hole and dipped my ORA Verde and had about 5 come off it- It too was an acro that was slowing dying from the base up.

I took a few acros into Westside about a month ago and no bugs came off of those pieces-Not sure where the heck they came from but my tank has RTD's (Kim says) Reef Transmitted Disease (sad)

Long way to say maybe dip a piece and see if anything pops off-

I will never "not" dip again

What type of wrasse is the pain?

I know I found flat worms on a couple pices in my tank-Not sure where the heck they came from but I had my Purple Nano slowly dying, I took it to Westside and when Tim was dipping it about 15 flatworms came off of it. He said to watch my Millies and my Tricolors as they go for those types more I guess.

I cam hole and dipped my ORA Verde and had about 5 come off it- It too was an acro that was slowing dying from the base up.

I took a few acros into Westside about a month ago and no bugs came off of those pieces-Not sure where the heck they came from but my tank has RTD's (Kim says) Reef Transmitted Disease (sad)

Long way to say maybe dip a piece and see if anything pops off-

I will never "not" dip again

It's my coris wrasse he's the most aggressive fish in my tank but as our chat earlier in the week I was going to start doing that for sure and I'll buy some tomorrow and see what happens as for the tri color I think that was dying before because I didn't acclimated the right way to my tank because it was on a huge rock but who know but I will start dipping from now on

Archived