sore fingers

stylaster

So after working with too many corals over the years, my fingers get really chapped cut, bleed, etc. Anyone know of any good lotion that can help prevent this? I have tried Hempz, Burts Bees, and lemony flutter by lush (works the best). So far nothing really seems to make them heal up faster.

Also, i noticed that i will get tiny blisters if i handle the tissue of chalice corals (scary) I never had that reaction before until the last couple months. Maybe im sensitized to them?

You could wear gloves when handling them but gloves are a pain. Make sure you rinse your hands off and wash them with soap and water after handling the corals and then try liberally applying something thick like eucerin cream (not lotion) use a cream . You can even try plain vaseline. And yes after multiple exposure you can get more sensitized to an irritant. That's why many people in the medical field have latex allergies after constant exposure from latex gloves.

Bag balm. My grandmother swore by that stuff, she claimed it could re-grown a limb, she was an odd one but she knows her stuff. I have used it a bunch of times on small cuts and whatnot and it really helps things heal up quick.

Roy you can also check out the feed stores in town. The creams they have that they use for cows utters is amazing. I cant remember the name of it but it works great for chapped hands and feet.

That's how bag balm came to be used. I hear the Mane and Tail shampoos are great for human hair too!

+1 on the bag balm! Yep, was originally for cows' udders. I grew up in Montana and there was always a can in the barn and a can in the house. Works great. Or neosporin if you have that handy.

Kim - I've been using Mane and Tail on my hair for years! Lol the bottles have directions for humans and directions for animals. (laugh) It's also the only thing I wash my dogs with.

+1 on the bag balm! Yep, was originally for cows' udders. I grew up in Montana and there was always a can in the barn and a can in the house. Works great. Or neosporin if you have that handy.

Kim - I've been using Mane and Tail on my hair for years! Lol the bottles have directions for humans and directions for animals. (laugh) It's also the only thing I wash my dogs with.

Most anything you use with a petrolatum base (active ingredient in vaseline) will work well. As far as the Mane and Tail , Sharole I'm sure it gives you a shiny coat :) but you may want to stop using it if you suddenly get the urge to start counting with your feet (laugh)

Bag balm. My grandmother swore by that stuff' date=' she claimed it could re-grown a limb, she was an odd one but she knows her stuff. I have used it a bunch of times on small cuts and whatnot and it really helps things heal up quick.[/quote']

................+1

For the small bumps that are from the allergic reaction, use a hydrocortisone cream/lotion or an anti-histamine cream like Benadryl. The Benadryl pills work too, but they knock me out for 30 minutes or so an hour after I take one.

I had a similar problem with Euphyllia. If I bumped into a frogspawn it would sting me and I would get what looked like 30 mosquito bites in a few square inches of skin. They would last for about 2 weeks, and itched like crazy!!!!

dsoz

Zim's Crack Cream- and no its not a meth joke-

The wife has sensitive skin and I heard about this stuff on the radio and got some-it does all it says it does, sounds like that big balm does too, but you gotta love a product called crack cream-have fun with that 1

Bag balm. My grandmother swore by that stuff' date=' she claimed it could re-grown a limb, she was an odd one but she knows her stuff. I have used it a bunch of times on small cuts and whatnot and it really helps things heal up quick.[/quote']

I still have a canister we bought and used on our kids for diaper rash, stuff works for everything. I take it to hawaii when we go, funny story, last year there i couldn't find my bag on the baggage claim but there was another like it with someone else name on the claim ticket. After a few days of calling I went back, the guy brought out the same bag, opened it a little and asked if I could identify something inside, I said "my bag balm" , he laughed and handed me my bag! and yes I have marked my bag since then

Zim's Crack Cream- and no its not a meth joke-

The wife has sensitive skin and I heard about this stuff on the radio and got some-it does all it says it does, sounds like that big balm does too, but you gotta love a product called crack cream-have fun with that 1

Do plumbers use it?

Archived