Emerald's perfect frag tank built by Tanktop!

Emerald525

Well we sold the Solana and biocube so we could put up one sweet frag tank!(clap)(clap)

Here's the frag tank! Dimensions are 36L x24W x 12H which is about 44 gallons built by James at Envisions.(drooler) It has 1 inch acrylic on the back and 5/8 " in the sides and front panel

DSC08083ARW.jpg

DSC08085ARW.jpg

Here's the stand that Davy Jones custom built to fit the sump as well as the space! (clap) Inside is the sump we got from Doug (FPD) dimensions of the sump are 30L x 12 x 20

DSC08078ARW.jpg

DSC08076ARW.jpg

Here's the light we are using. It's from our Solana and it's an ATI sunpower T-5 light. Very clean looking light!

DSC08077ARW.jpg

I will post up a few more pictures in a little while

More pictures as promised

So Beth plumbed it and I know you guys get excited about plumbing but I kinda do this...(huh)(bored) Great job Beth!(clap)(clap) She's getting really good and fast at plumbing and only took 3 trips to the hardware store instead of 10! (laugh)

IMG_0022.jpg

The pump is a Blueline 40 from the previous 150 gallon tank we had up. The skimmer is one that we got from Mick who got it from Lowman

IMG_0023.jpg

Here's a picture of the overflow

IMG_0024.jpg

IMG_0025.jpg

Okay that's it for now. I hope that's what you need to help Beth with the gurgling problem.... I don't get paid to post pictures!(laugh)

Nice tank' date=' but 1'' acrylic???! REALLY![/quote']

Yes it is 1 inch acrylic! LOL! We have had a problem of finding powerheads that will work. The acrylic was too thick for an mp 10 and the Koralias (laugh)

Very nice looking tank Kim & Beth is it up and running now ??

It is up and running Jose! more pictures to come tonight!

Saw it in person yesterday...quality craftmanship all the way around.

bUT SERIOUSLY....what were you ladies thinking? This tank is going to be overflowing with frags in less than a week! Why wait, convert that basement into a frag pond, I've got the scuba gear.

Oh yeah, she forgot to mention that this tank has the best security money can buy...in the form of a massive K9.

Look forward to more pics. You could have went with 1/2'' and saved a lot of money on that tank. Unless he had the scrap laying around.

Finch I agree it wasn't made for us. It was custom made for someone else we just were inquiring about a frag tank and begged the person to sell it to us!

Saw it in person yesterday...quality craftmanship all the way around.

bUT SERIOUSLY....what were you ladies thinking? This tank is going to be overflowing with frags in less than a week! Why wait, convert that basement into a frag pond, I've got the scuba gear.

Oh yeah, she forgot to mention that this tank has the best security money can buy...in the form of a massive K9.

Oh yeah LOL sorry about Bart Isaac... we usually put him away but we were trying to get ready to meet someone and head to the meeting yesterday.. He did the same thing to Brad. He's quite the protective 100 pound German Shepherd.

I don't understand why everyone seems to have a problem with Bart' date=' he's just a big lover, Jess n I have no problems with him whatsoever...But then, we are used to 100+lb guard dogs....LOL[/quote']

He does fine if you are calm and he got along great with Brad until Brad yelled at him when we were not home. When people are nervous he figures you are guilty of something more then just having a huge German Shepherd greet you. LOL

More pictures coming! I'm off work! Woo hoo!

Looks great but are you sure that's 1"?

The chamfered edges are decieving Rick. It's 1".

Looks like the back is 3/4". If so, Tunze magnets hold up pretty well with 3/4".

Correction, I checked with my "consultant" aka Beth and it is actually 1" acrylic on the back and 5/8 inch acrylic on the front and side panels. And good call Chewie we actually tried the Tunze powerhead that Spectra donated to TFT and that worked so we are going to order one. See Scott your donations are already helping!(clap)

Wow' date=' very nice frag tank - I'm jealous. Plus points for the Corgi.[/quote']

Stop adding tanks! Plumb them all together! :)

That's the same dog that can drive a car? I need to buff my 30g, let me know when he/she is available. Novus on the tail!

Lemme get a frag of that pup when you can. NO wait... I was about to ask how you got the sump that big in the base' date=' but I see the doors and brace come off. Looks like a fun extra tank. I want a frag tank bad![/quote']

No frags of Holly aka puppy prozac are available. She can be loaned out to plumb your tanks though and Peterock if you saw our basement you would not encourage us to have more tanks (laugh)

Did you fix the gurgling? I'd go with the durso. I'm surprised James made that tank' date=' he has said he won't make a tank without a top, I assume thats why the 1".[/quote']

No Steve the problem has not been fixed as mentioned before when it comes to plumbing I go (huh)(bored) Beth is taking care of little babies in the Nicu tonights