Oregon Mummy Eye

mytshall

Well I thought that this being our local chalice that it deserved it's own thread. Here are the progression pics of my oregon mummy eye. It is putting on 5 new eyes right at the moment.

Last 3 pictures are from today

I'd like to see other people's OME as well

1st picture January 5,2010 - 3 eyes

currently 13 eyes looks like another this thing is popping them out.

post-4129-141867782337_thumb.jpg

post-6072-141867782339_thumb.jpg

post-6072-141867782342_thumb.jpg

post-6072-141867782344_thumb.jpg

post-6072-141867782347_thumb.jpg

This is the photo of the Original colony that I showed Steve Tyree when we first discussed making the coral an Auction Edition. This coral was an Indonesian import that I purchased from Rose City. If you look at the bottom of the coral you can see where I made my first frag. That first frag was traded with Perry at Ocean in a box. I have 4 colonies now and have made numerous frags. It's still one of my favorites!

oregon_mummyeye1-1.jpg

You should come by the shop and check out some colonies in person. I have a frag wait list you can get on if you are serious about wanting a piece. Although quite a few others have it at this point. I used to provide a personalized certificate of authenticity when someone purchased a piece directly from me but the coral was quickly exploited (Thanks guys. You know who you are) so I bagged that idea. So much for keeping something special.