Finally showing off my tank

mytshall

Alright finally going to get my tank thread up since my tank is practically full now thanks to all of you. I just got my camera back today which was having some issues. I have a olympus tough that is waterproof to 30ft so hopefully I will be able to get some good underwater shots I will post my original pictures first (2 months old) and then new photos should be up later today or tomorrow.

As for my equipment

65 gallon acrylic tank w/built in overflow

2x 175 20k halides

2 actinics

14 gallon sump wet dry setup (soon to get rid of bioballs)

No name skimmer (looking to be replaced)

Mag 9.5 pump

3/4" sea swirl

Digital Aquatics ReefKeeperLite which controls:

Auto top-off

4 LED moonlights

Calcium Reactor - Korallin Calcium Reactor

Heater- Jager 350W

Very cool, I just set mine up too, But hey get rid of the Bio Balls. I had a wet/dry on my other tank and I always hed high Nitrates... Cut the first plate with all the holes in it, so there is a hole big enough to fit a Filter sock into...

Good luck.

Nice tank

But hey get rid of the Bio Balls. I had a wet/dry on my other tank and I always hed high Nitrates...

I agree on removing the bio balls, that could part of the reason you are having the NO3 problem. After removing the BB add a place for a filter sock (like suggested)and if you decide to try the purigen you put the micron bag ( I actually use 2 micron bags, that stuff is very fine) in the filter sock.

I think I have a similar setup. I converted the wet/dry filter to a sump with fuge.

You can see it here: http://www.pnwmas.org/forums/showthread.php?t=13252

I agree, ditch that bioballs and set up a refugium with some macro algae.

You can throw away all of them at once if you can put some macro algae which are already full of pods and denitrifiers bacteria.

• 2 weeks later...

upgrading

No I don't think that would be a smart. I have a problem.

Really I couldn't stop until there was no more room left. For the tank I have now I just want a couple of chalices and i'll be able to call it a day.

I would love one of those 500 gallons that have been up here but i'm still a renter and moving a tank is no fun. I've kept the tank lean so it is able to be moved. Nothing is growing on big rocks that would be hard to move.

http://web.mac.com/mikeshall/TANK/

Here's the pics cause we're on page 2 now