Coral Growth!

siskiou

Wow! All of that in just 2 1/2 years!!! That is great!

I have the problem that whenever something doubles in size, I offer half of it up for sale or trade. Most of my frags stay the size of frags... Maybe I should stop selling and just let them grow.

dsoz

I have the problem that whenever something doubles in size, I offer half of it up for sale or trade. Most of my frags stay the size of frags... Maybe I should stop selling and just let them grow.

dsoz

I can attest to that - you love to frag your stuff!! Just about every time I go over there he's cutting something up and giving me a piece, so I'm not complaining. How many diamond wheels for your dremel have you worn through in the last year?

(backtotopic)

That mille growth is impressive. Nice piece. Good to have a reminder of what a little patience can get you.

I'm just too chicken to frag, unless it's accidental!(scary)

How do you safely break off a piece, when the coral/rock are too large to lift out and use a dremel?

Frank and I did underwater dremeling :D After you get over the fear of electric shock/death their is really nothing to it(laugh).

You have to have the flexible extension then you put a thicker sized bag over it. You have to rubber band VERY TIGHT and in multiple places. Then poke the head through and attach it. make sure you rubber band right down from the head also... It makes a lot of water current also... Good luck if you decide to do it.:D

I like the 7 inch heavy duty ones found here: http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=3578+4680+13723+12037&pcatid=12037

The nice thing about bone shears vs. wire cutters is that they are stainless steal. Of course they do eventually stain lol but for the most part they prevent metal flaking from getting in your system. They are also sharper and stronger than most wire cutters. Wire cutters work as a nice cheap alternative though.

Garrett

dsoz

Yep...I let mine grow out. I dont have very many nice sps corals. The ones I have are easy keepers and fast growers so I have these colonies of the same coral all over my tank. I guess I have about 4 varieties of sps corals in my tank.

Jay

• 1 month later...