Another Coral ID?

siskiou

Thanks!

They do better in lower light, right?

I had him about midway in my 120G with 8 T5s, and he did great until a bunch of zoas surrounded him and started encroaching. I finally got him off the rock yesterday and am trying to figure out a good spot for him.

Thanks!

They do better in lower light, right?

I had him about midway in my 120G with 8 T5s, and he did great until a bunch of zoas surrounded him and started encroaching. I finally got him off the rock yesterday and am trying to figure out a good spot for him.

they are a lower light coral but with t5's I would think you could go halfway up or even higher with him.

here is a couple of them. The purple one has been fragged a few times and seems to grow pretty fast. It likes light more then most chalices too. It sits about 18" from the 400w mh bulbs and 4 vho's.

attachment.php?attachmentid=3557&d=1231914145

Although this picture isn't mine I have a 3"x3" piece of the starry night chalice also. It has some amazing colors to it. purple and blue base with almost yellowy-green spots and yellow mouths.

newchalice1.jpg

Sadly I don't have a better picture of this one but it is my favorite one I think. The color in it is very nice. This is a few days after I bought it so it hadn't colored up yet. THis one doesn't like much light at all. Ask me how I know...

attachment.php?attachmentid=3926&d=1236138660

This is another one that isn't my pic but I do have a piece of it in my name. it's called a bubble gum chalice. I stole this photo from isaac(thanks buddy). My piece is actually much smaller though.

attachment.php?attachmentid=3004&d=1221366981

As you can see the photos that are mine are crap so I have to "borrow" photos when possible.

Yikes! Thanks for the warning! 6-8 inches?!

I think I need a bigger tank!

I wonder why the chalice didn't bother fighting off the zoanthids starting to grow on it.

Perhaps its not a true chalice but an oxypora or echinophylia or mycedium.