Hi name is Raj and I am an coral addict

Raj

Hello,

I just wanted to introduce myself.  My name is Rajkumar, I have been in reefing hobby for close to five year now. I start out in the hobby attracted to beautiful saltwater fishes, but slow gravitated towards coral , which I cant get enough off 😔 . I currently have a Redsea reefer 425 XL mixed reef tank. 

I have been a regular visitor to PNWMAS website for valuable information.  Finally today I became a paying member. 

Regards

Rajkumar 

• Like 7

@Raj , welcome! We like to call ourselves enthusiast. Here's a map of other enthusiasts in your area: http://www.pnwmas.org/membermap/ where you can put yourself on the map. It also has locations of a variety of things, including fish stores, public aquariums, and aquarium manufacturers.

As @Gumby stated, we have the NW Frag Fest coming up, Bob Moore in February/March and many monthly meetings that are posted in Meetings and Events.

Also, Picture of the Month is another thing we are heavily involved with. You can see past winners and upcoming contestants in the Show Off/Picture of the Month thread.

We do our best to promote sustainability in the hobby with members breeding clown fish, propagating coral and helping out with Tanks for Teachers for K-12 students to learn about how to maintain a healthy ocean ecosystem.

You can also get involved with borrowing our member only PAR meter:

At last, welcome to the Pacific Northwest Marine Aquarium Society! Thank you for being a paid member.

Edited by milesmiles902
  • Thanks 1

Welcome aboard Raj!  Glad you found the info on here helpful to you and grateful that you decided to become a member.  As others have mentioned, there are a lot of great community activities to take part in (monthly meeting this Sunday at Seahorse Aquarium Supply for instance) and opportunities to indulge your coral fixation (FragFest NW Oct. 5th) so hopefully we will see you at an event in the future.