New sump

Bicyclebill

Man, I am such a reef geek. I just finished installing a new Bashsea Smart Series sump last night and I’m so excited about it! I went from a poorly modified marginally functional 40 year old aquarium to this purpose built box. Cleaned up my snarled up wiring mess too. Big change is from my external panworld to an internal sicce 5.5 ADV. unbelievably quiet, but there was a reason I gave up on internal pumps many years ago (swollen/cracked magnets) I hope has gone away. dd93fed82b6f24e5acc05451b3bb3d53.jpgf902c73dfc210f7121f8b3751af95aa6.jpg66d7d2df1e5963de78292b6f1c355d68.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 7

Slick setup!

you find the sound deadening on the doors helps? 

It’s been a while but it helped with the drone of an older internal pump years ago. I know how much a difference it makes in cars, so I assume it helps here too. I’ve still got a large portion of the roll I bought if you want to give it a try!

3 hours ago, Bicyclebill said:

It’s been a while but it helped with the drone of an older internal pump years ago. I know how much a difference it makes in cars, so I assume it helps here too. I’ve still got a large portion of the roll I bought if you want to give it a try!

Thanks for the offer, I have some in the garage too, was just curious. My tanks are all open in the back so that might be worse than any noise getting out the front haha

Edited by Blue Z Reef

I really need to get my sump installed, like you mentioned it is a great time to reassess things and clean up the clutter, I have always liked internal pumps over inlines when in smaller aquariums, so I hope you get the same impressions. Looking good man, looking good.