Group buy time!!

Emerald525

What corals would you most want for a group buy?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. What corals would you be interested in for a group buy?

• Acro colony
    • Zoas
    • Rock Flower Anemones
    • High end mushrooms
    • Acans
    • Chalices

21 minutes ago, Optimusprime3605 said:

I can't stop laughing...[language filter] my stomach is starting to hurt

Sent from my man cave while drinking Coronas at Holly's emoji481.png

This thread reminds me of the good old days when Reefnjunkie and I would banter back and forth and tread that line ...:censored:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, danlu_gt said:

I haven't done group coral buy in the past but I imagine it would be nice to be able to see the coral (live or pics) before commit to buy. So there's no misaligned expectations.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

It depends on what we are buying. In this case it sounds like Jeff may have the acro colonies on hand so that shouldn’t be a problem. For the maxi mini group buy in the past people drew numbers to see who got to pick out their anemone first. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Optimusprime3605 said:

It's a fun line to tread! emoji12.png How can we not...

Sent from my man cave while drinking Coronas at Holly's emoji481.png

Oh yes it is !!

11 hours ago, lewisriverfisherman said:

Yep I rember you and Brad talking real nice to each other!

It was all in fun but these days I filter what I say a bit more!

4 minutes ago, albertareef said:

I think I have run across a few of those threads while trolling the archives. Pretty entertaining 😄

Ha ha yes sir ! I was public enemy number one to board member in about a year !:agree: Now its come full circle. Now we have stylaster who was president at the time posting on here about high end group touchy :ohmy: That’s one hell of a messed up autocorrect Roy !:joking:

Woo Hoo, Acropora group buy it is (or at least that's the one I'm heading up for Cuttlefish. I will be starting another thread with details and picture(s) of the acro that has been decided to be used. Ive been growing this piece out for some time. Some of you may know I work with/for Jeff now full time and have been secretly ( or not so secretly) growing/maintaining acros for years ;) many of which are part of the CNC (cuttlefish and Corals) secret hoard. The specimen in mind is up there with some of nicest Ive seen.  

Anyway more to follow ( in a different thread that I will link to as well)

On ‎3‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 9:21 PM, danlu_gt said:

I haven't done group coral buy in the past but I imagine it would be nice to be able to see the coral (live or pics) before commit to buy. So there's no misaligned expectations.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Good point Daniel and there wont be any of that. I'll post a colony shot under Blues (smurf vision) for those who like to see how certain corals can really pop, and another under condtions closer to an 18K look. You wont want to miss out on this, I can absolutely promise and guarantee there has never been a nicer acro used for a group buy in my years of being here :)

On ‎3‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 4:59 AM, Emerald525 said:

It depends on what we are buying. In this case it sounds like Jeff may have the acro colonies on hand so that shouldn’t be a problem. For the maxi mini group buy in the past people drew numbers to see who got to pick out their anemone first. 

Jeff may have the colony on hand but I doubt it- I hear it safely being kept in a undisclosed secret location guarded buy some Junkie but rumor has that Junkie is lucky regarding the stick growing side of the hobby ;)

More to follow, if youre a stick head I don't think you will want to miss this one 

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, reefnjunkie said:

Jeff may have the colony on hand but I doubt it- I hear it safely being kept in a undisclosed secret location guarded buy some Junkie but rumor has that Junkie is lucky regarding the stick growing side of the hobby ;)

More to follow, if youre a stick head I don't think you will want to miss this one 

Ha ha that’s what I heard. The address is not so secret it’s all over the bathroom walls at the truck stop for some reason...:unsure:

I heard he has some nice pieces he has been growing out and you and him have an eye for the high end acros so although I’m not a stickhead at heart , I am in that is unless the spots fill up because they will likely go quickly!

2 hours ago, spectra said:

Waiting........................:popcorn: 

And since the next meeting is at Cuttlefish I think we need a ring and can toss both Brad and Kim in and see who comes out first...................:shock:

Ha ha it’s all in fun and besides I had more of a Thunderdome arena in mind!:biggrin2:

• Like 1